For Sale Medium format Petzval lens with Hasselblad V mount for Hasselblad 2000 or 200 series.

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Munky
Recent bookmarks

Denys

Shooter
Medium Format
This is an update to my previous post about the Kickstarter project, aimed to create medium format Petzval lens.
Yesterday I have completed building of prototype Petzvar lens with Hasselblad V mount, that will be compatible to Hasselblad 2000 or 200 camera with focal plane shutter.
Here is the link to Kickstarter page, there are more details and images there:

Dead Link Removed

EASmithV

Shooter
Multi Format
Shove it in a copal with a V mount on one end, and i'd be going crazy for this.

You're annoying my C/M :wink:

PS: Those photos look amazing, and I will be following this closely.

Nuff

Shooter
Multi Format
They really should add a leaf shutter to it and PC sync port so it works on the 500 series. Even with limited shutter speeds. It looks like a cool portrait lens that could be used every now and then for a not too clinical look. I would be interested.

OP
OP
Denys

Denys

Shooter
Medium Format
Shove it in a copal with a V mount on one end, and i'd be going crazy for this.

You're annoying my C/M :wink:

PS: Those photos look amazing, and I will be following this closely.

I wish I can make it with a shutter! It is just too complicated.
Thank you for your comment!

OP
OP
Denys

Denys

Shooter
Medium Format
They really should add a leaf shutter to it and PC sync port so it works on the 500 series. Even with limited shutter speeds. It looks like a cool portrait lens that could be used every now and then for a not too clinical look. I would be interested.
Yes, of course it would be great, but re-designing a complicated winding/release gear and adding an expensive shutter... I can't even imagine a cost of such lens. Even being mass produced for many years they are still expensive when sold second hand.

johnielvis

Shooter
Medium Format
you can put it on a 500 eries and use the back barndoor shutter to time the exposures if they're about 1/8 or longer--it's "human timing" although there's probably a clever fellow that can do something interesting with a cable release and make a repeatable shutter speed tripper--the 500c's provide flash synch to that shutter as well.

3RiC

Shooter
127 Format
Sorry for a newbie question, so this lens is not compatible with the 500 c/m body?

I don't mind to get an extra P6 body just for this lens though...

OP
OP
Denys

Denys

Shooter
Medium Format
Sorry for a newbie question, so this lens is not compatible with the 500 c/m body?

I don't mind to get an extra P6 body just for this lens though...
Thank you for your inquire. No, the lens can be mounted on 500 series camera, but the lens has no in-built shutter. The Hasselblad 500 series camera requires a lenses with in-built leaf shutter. The Hasselblad 2000 or 200 series supports both, the C or CF lenses of the 500 series, or shutterless F series lenses.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom