Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rootsanalysis
Recent bookmarks
Shooter
Multi Format
I could kick myself in the ass for selling my collection, and here I am, finding myself with the film bug again.

Wondering if anyone might have an old Mamiya TLR that they would graciously sell for a modest amount?

narsuitus

Shooter
Multi Format
I understand your desire to replace the Mamiya TLR cameras you once owned.

I sold my three bodies and three lenses and have since regretted it.

GRHazelton

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
You might consider a Minolta Autocord. I have one, the Autocord L with a meter. The camera is excellent, really nice handling, good Tessar formula lens, and really convenient focussing. The meter works, but is ... inconvenient. I've seen two or three for sale on this forum recently.

duncancmt

Shooter
Medium Format
I have a C330S, 55 (serial >100000), 105 DS (blue dot variant), and 180 Super; all recently worked on by Mark Hama. I'm not sure if your idea of "a modest amount" lines up with mine, though. PM me?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChristopherCoy
Shooter
Multi Format
I have a C330S, 55 (serial >100000), 105 DS (blue dot variant), and 180 Super; all recently worked on by Mark Hama. I'm not sure if your idea of "a modest amount" lines up with mine, though. PM me?

PM Sent.

OP
OP
ChristopherCoy
Shooter
Multi Format
You might consider a Minolta Autocord. I have one, the Autocord L with a meter. The camera is excellent, really nice handling, good Tessar formula lens, and really convenient focussing. The meter works, but is ... inconvenient. I've seen two or three for sale on this forum recently.

Never heard of those. I'll check them out.

OP
OP
ChristopherCoy
Shooter
Multi Format
1937 Rolleicord IIa ready to go.
1955 Rolleicord V - a work in progress near completion.
1939 Rolleiflex K4B on the back burner.

Never used a Rollei, but from what I remember of them, they are up there with the Hasselblads in prices.

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Given how inexpensive Hasselblads and Hasselblad lenses are today and especially compared to the original prices. You can have a MF camera with interchangeable lenses and film backs without lens pairs. All that you would give up would be the built in bellows.

OP
OP
ChristopherCoy
Shooter
Multi Format
Given how inexpensive Hasselblads and Hasselblad lenses are today and especially compared to the original prices. You can have a MF camera with interchangeable lenses and film backs without lens pairs. All that you would give up would be the built in bellows.

I guess we have differing opinions on what "inexpensive" means. Hassey's are still "up there", and perhaps even higher in price now than they were 7 or so years ago when I bought mine (that was subsequently sold).

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
They are not $3,000 for the body and most lenses while the 30mm Fisheye lens sold for $8,000 when it first came out in the 1960's. The bodies and lenses, in general, are in the $300 to $800 range which is a whole less than originally.

One merely has to wait a little longer between buying lenses when one owns a Hasselblad. :angel:

Last edited:

btaylor

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
The Rolleis need not be expensive. I recently bought and subsequently sold a perfectly functional Rolleicord V for about $150. The ‘cords take great photos and are lighter than the ‘flex. The Mamiya 330 is a beast in terms of size and weight compared to a ‘cord, but the Mamiya has the distinction of interchangeable lenses. As much as I enjoyed the 330 I ended up switching to a Bronica. But I will never sell my Rolleicord V.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom