Members
Latest member
philipandre
Recent bookmarks

Dion Richards

Shooter
Multi Format
Hi,Can anyone answer the following...
I have a Mamiya C330S 55mm/65mm wide angle focus screen. It is fitted in the removable viewfinder unit.The standard focus screen is fitted in the hinged "sandwich" receiver at the top of the camera body.I suspect that the focus is a little "off".
Quest1: Is it ok for the both be in the positions described at the same time..or should they be changed over when using my 55mm lens? (ie: the top viewfinder position used only for "storage" of the other focus screen?)

I have to replace the foam "spring/spacers" in the camera hinged focus screen "sandwich" receiver:-
Quest2: Does the foam spring/spacer fit only on top of the screen,to keep the screen at bottom of frame...or foam on top and under the screen? The bottom of the frame looks clean..without foam spacer.
Regards and Thanks in anticipation

Last edited:
OP
OP

Dion Richards

Shooter
Multi Format
Sorry...not confident enough to do it...thought experienced persons could offer advice.. but now have replaced screen foam in "sandwich".Will need to be tested this coming week.
Pretty sure that the 55/65mm additional screen should be fitted in the upper viewfinder unit?
It appears that there is another A2 focus screen that fits in the body "sandwich"...Why, if my wide angle screen can be installed in the upper viewfinder unit in conjunction with the standard fresnel screen in Upper body??
Regards Dion

grahamp

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
The 55/65 insert that has the modified parallax/exposure compensation marks goes in the base of the finder. That's usually easier than changing the screen to one with adjusted markings. The C33/C330/C330f did not have that option. The recess in the finder base is also useful for grids or aspect ratio markings. There is a PDF with various reproductions at http://grahamp.dotinthelandscape.org/mfaq/plate3.pdf . Print onto ink/laser grade clear acetate at actual size.

OP
OP

Dion Richards

Shooter
Multi Format
The 55/65 insert that has the modified parallax/exposure compensation marks goes in the base of the finder. That's usually easier than changing the screen to one with adjusted markings. The C33/C330/C330f did not have that option. The recess in the finder base is also useful for grids or aspect ratio markings. There is a PDF with various reproductions at http://grahamp.dotinthelandscape.org/mfaq/plate3.pdf . Print onto ink/laser grade clear acetate at actual size.
Thanks Grahamp..appreciate the info. Yes it is convenient to have both screens in to eliminate changing the standard screen. Very happy that I chose 330S..I have two "Mint".Regards Dion

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom