Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luigi Galasso
Recent bookmarks
Shooter
Med. Format RF
I'm curious as to the build quality of the mamiya 645e and how it compares to the pro/pro tl. I've used the pro models in the past and while they feel "plasticy" I was happy with them. I was always under the impression that the 645e was an entry level MF offering for some reason and was curious about its quality.

I actually like that there are no interchangeable backs, and the prism is fixed on the 645e. It is lighter weight and actually has a standard cable release socket!! And you can get a non-motorized grip/winder for it. So as long as the build quality is up the pro models standards I may purchase one to do tele and close up work along with my medium format rangefinders.

PtJudeRI

Shooter
Multi Format
I had this camera for close to ten years. It's a hidden gem if you ask me. I had the e, the rapid winder, and the 45mm and 80mm lenses. Meter is great, the mechanicals all worked fine, and the backs never bothered me. I bought an additional insert, and was ready to go. Great camera for the $$$. I sold it to buy a 4x5, but still kept my RB67. If you can score one under $250, it's worth it. I paid $800+ for it new back in 2001 I believe. The build quality isn't on par with the RB, but I didn't feel it to be flimsy at all, just plasticky a bit.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom