Threads
Members
Latest member
sachan
Recent bookmarks

waynecrider

Shooter
35mm
I need a FT2 meter repair and general CLA. Does anyone have a company they've dealt with?
Secondly, whats the trick to set ISO. Can't get the dang thing to move. I wonder f I should lubricate it? Thanks

MultiFormat Shooter

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I need a FT2 meter repair and general CLA. Does anyone have a company they've dealt with?
Secondly, whats the trick to set ISO. Can't get the dang thing to move. I wonder f I should lubricate it? Thanks

I had my Dad's Nikkormat FTn worked-on by Abilene Camera Repair. They did an excellent job. I wouldn't mess with the ISO dial; I'd let them take care of that.

I have no affiliation with Abilene Camera, other than being a satisfied customer.

abruzzi

Shooter
Large Format
On the FT2, the small lever to set the shutter speed has a piece on the end of it that you can catch with a fingernail and pull out. Pull that out while you move the adjustment for the ISO.

RLangham

Shooter
Multi Format
Oof, it isn't doing that thing where it gets wildly non-linear at large apertures, is it?

mscott842

Subscriber
Shooter
Digital
Thanks for your reply. I ended up sending it to Abilene Camera. They seem to be very familiar with doing a CLA on a Nikkormat.

momus

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
A Nikkormat that needs to be fixed? That's unusual. I never heard of one needing to be sent to a shop.

madNbad

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm RF
Mostly it's the mirror cushion has deteriorated and the dreaded dead spot in the resistor ring. Occasionally they're gummed up from lack of use or a bunch of gunk in the finder but they are pretty indestructible. The FT2 is the best of the bunch. No battery conversion needed and has a split image finder.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom