looking for 35mm slide projector with larger than Kodak built on screen

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by Jayd, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Jayd

Jayd Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi All
    I have seen somewhere a 35mm slide projector that had this fold up screen that was as wide as the projector
    not like the small side one on Kodak, but I can't remember what make or model ? think it was euro.
    A second question is do Rollie carousel projectors use the ubiquitous Kodak trays ?

Thanks
    Kodak Jay
    Retina.PhotoWerks

2. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here in Europe there were several of such projectors. But be aware there were as well reflective as transmissive models.

There only is one circular-tray projector from Rollei. And its tray is different from the Kodak one.
    The trays are not interchangable.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  3. jeffreyg

jeffreyg Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Jay

You might be able to find a Kodak Ektagraphic 260AF or Telex Caramate 4000 (identical) av viewer/ projector. Both take Kodak circular trays, have 9nx9in built-in screens and can also project by opening a sliding door. I doubt they are still made but you might find one in good condition. I have mine for very many years and they still work.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

4. randyB

randyB Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Kodak Ektagraphic 260AF or Telex Caramate 4000 (identical) av viewer/ projectors were used a lot in school (grade and HS) av departments for instruction with slides. They were also used quite a lot for sales presentations at trade shows in the 70's-80's. You can still find them at used office equipment stores. I have seen them at surplus school equipment auction sales. Not long ago I saw a whole crate of them sell for $50.

5. darkroommike

darkroommike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Singer/Graflex made and marketed the Caramate before Telex took it over.