looking for 35mm slide projector with larger than Kodak built on screen

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by Jayd, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Jayd

Jayd Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi All
    I have seen somewhere a 35mm slide projector that had this fold up screen that was as wide as the projector
    not like the small side one on Kodak, but I can't remember what make or model ? think it was euro.
    A second question is do Rollie carousel projectors use the ubiquitous Kodak trays ?

Thanks
    Kodak Jay
    Retina.PhotoWerks

2. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here in Europe there were several of such projectors. But be aware there were as well reflective as transmissive models.

There only is one circular-tray projector from Rollei. And its tray is different from the Kodak one.
    The trays are not interchangable.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  3. jeffreyg

jeffreyg Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Jay

You might be able to find a Kodak Ektagraphic 260AF or Telex Caramate 4000 (identical) av viewer/ projector. Both take Kodak circular trays, have 9nx9in built-in screens and can also project by opening a sliding door. I doubt they are still made but you might find one in good condition. I have mine for very many years and they still work.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

4. randyB

randyB Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Kodak Ektagraphic 260AF or Telex Caramate 4000 (identical) av viewer/ projectors were used a lot in school (grade and HS) av departments for instruction with slides. They were also used quite a lot for sales presentations at trade shows in the 70's-80's. You can still find them at used office equipment stores. I have seen them at surplus school equipment auction sales. Not long ago I saw a whole crate of them sell for $50.

5. darkroommike

darkroommike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Singer/Graflex made and marketed the Caramate before Telex took it over.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.