Lomographers took some amazing pics on film in 2017

Discussion in 'Photographic Aesthetics and Composition' started by gr82bart, Jan 1, 2018.

1. gr82bart

gr82bart Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. Ces1um

Ces1um Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    They (we) have produced some nice photos! I always like seeing those yearly recaps but I always take exception with the top photo uploaders and top photo likers awards. To me they just put the emphasis on posting volumes of work rather than quality and the top photo liker means that you can't really be certain if they actually like your work or if they're just liking it to win the award. Enough negativity though- there are some beautiful photos posted on that site. There are a lot of skilled photographers out there in the world!

3. OP
    OP
    gr82bart

gr82bart Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I agree. There so much negativity in the world, and on this forum, I'd like it if Ape-Huggers just appreciate the art of film photography and keep criticism or debate to a civil and intelligent discussion.

4. faberryman

faberryman Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Are they Lomographers or photographers? Some of the images do not appear to have been taken using Lomography cameras or film.

5. Ces1um

Ces1um Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You don't have to use lomography cameras or film to be part of that community. You just have to take photos. You don't even have to follow their "10 golden rules" if you don't want to. You don't have to be a good photographer, or a bad one. You just have to try to be creative and have fun doing it, and take lots of pictures. I enjoy their site and get lots of ideas for photos that I can take by copying (stealing) other's ideas.

6. Pioneer

Pioneer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for posting Art. I enjoy seeing what is being done in photography. Its also a great way to generate some ideas of my own.

Lomography has a terrific selection of the good (and the bad) of what has been happening within that community or the year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.