1. Current PHOTRIO advertisers: Click Here For Current Advertisers List

Limited Run ASA 25 Plates Now Available

Discussion in 'PHOTRIO Advertisers Forum' started by Nodda Duma, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Nodda Duma

Nodda Duma Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    As I continue to experiment with emulsions, I tend to make several test batches which serve as good baselines for adding sensitization, speed, etc. Instead of letting that emulsion go to waste, I figured I'd coat some limited run plates and make them available for folks to try out.

I've set up a shop on my website at this link: https://www.pictoriographica.com/online-shop.html

In there you'll find (currently) two categories of products: Limited Run Dry Plates, and Dry Plate Accessories. Nothing under the latter at the moment. However, under the former category I've added a couple of products:

ASA 2 Orthochromatic Plates. This is a baseline Ortho emulsion with moderate contrast and sensitivity out to green. Use a yellow filter as you would for conventional orthochromatic film.

ASA 25 Fast Orthochromatic Plates. "J. Lane Speed Plates" This is a high contrast, nominally ASA 25 Orthochromatic plate. I've been pushing this out to 32 or even ASA 50, but 25 is a good start. Use a yellow filter to take full advantage of the orthochromaticity as you would for conventional ortho film.

Currently only available in 4x5, I'd be happy to coat in other sizes. Just let me know!

Oh and, once this particular emulsion is gone, there's no more. However, do expect other interesting variants in the future.

Cheers,
    Jason

speed plates.jpg

2. Thorpelyon

Thorpelyon Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Jason... I just picked up three boxes of your 4x5 plates from Freestyle, here in LA. I’ll head over to your site and grab some of the new run. I’ve also just acquired a Bergheil 6.5x9, and had a couple of Graflex RBs restored in 2x3 and 3x4 format, so will probably reach out in the near future about some custom plates.

BTW, since I don’t have the time or inclination to do my own processing, do you know of any North American lab (other than Blue Moon) who can develop glass plates?

3. Photo Engineer

Photo Engineer Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Congratulations Jason and best wishes.

4. OP
    OP
    Nodda Duma

Nodda Duma Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Ron! As you well know, my progress stands on the shoulders of giants — including you, the other “Photrio Emulsionists”, all the literature out in public domain, and Nick & Mark — as much due to my own efforts.

Blue Moon does great work, but I’d be happy to process plates as well now that my part-time helpers are freeing up more of my time. Shoot me a message and we’ll go from there.

Cheers,
    Jason

5. Nokton48

Nokton48 Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Great New Jason!

-Dan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.