Lens repair for Premo No2

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Marcus, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Marcus

Marcus Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have a Pony Premo No2, but need the lens looking at. It fires on 'Instant' but not 'B' or 'T', otherwise fine.

I live in central London. I am sure I have seen a list on this site somewhere!
    Can anybody help please?

Marcus

2. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Your shutter needs a good cleaning, but may respond to a regimen of exercise. Try firing it a few hundred times (not kidding.) I don't remember which shutter is on the Pony Premo #2. It's likely a fairly simple beast, and if you wish to be experimental, you might try flooding it with naptha or electronic switch cleaner - after removing it from the camera. The risk is minimal with these cameras, since the iris blades are metal and not a composit, but the chance of it being truly "fixed" is also minimal. Still, you might get an idea of how badly it's gummed up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.