Leica Pradovit PC

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by superflash, Jan 4, 2019.

1. superflash

superflash Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do anyone of you know where it could be possible to find the user manual of this slide projector?
    I try to search for months but I never find it.
    If someone would tell his adventures with this proiector, I'm ready to listen.

2. miha

miha Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Both have a 14-pole AV-connector, but they differ in contacts.

The PC has in addition serial-connnectors.

4. OP
    OP
    superflash

superflash Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    miha and AgX:

thank you for your answers. P600 and PC are different in several ways; the PC is top of line Pradovit linear tray projector, it has some features that P600 doesn't have like the cold mirror box that allows a better cooling system avoiding dangerous popping and providing a greater luminous flux until 1100 lumen.
    PC has also Pbus IN and Pbus OUT that allow the projector to work like slave or master with other units. It also have an automatic address system to spot the units on a daisy-chain link with or without external dissolve unit.

5. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There is no PC manual online. And you are already very knowledgable. So I guess you actually only have some specific issues, someone here may resolve (though Apug is not known for their projection knowledge...).
    Or are you just after the manual for completeness?

6. miha

miha Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  7. OP
    OP
    superflash

superflash Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    AgX:
    I search it for 2 reasons:
    1) completeness, to compare PC with other similar projectors
    2) understand better the management of address system in special way if it is used with other projectors for multivision shows.

miha:
    thank you very much of the link, it is useful but I had already seen that.

8. chip j

chip j Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have the projector & the manual. I could send you a copy of the manual for whatever few $ it costs to print & ship.

9. OP
    OP
    superflash

superflash Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    chip j:
    thank you very much, you're very kind. I appreciate a lot your suggestion but it doesn't matter. I suggest a simpler way: it is sufficient take photos with a mobile phone and send them me with an e-mail attachment in MP. I think it's more easy. And if someone else need that manual, I (or you) can re-send it to him, so it can be useful for all forumer interested.
    What do you think?
    If you want to tell us your experiences with PC, we are here.
    Many thanks.

10. chip j

chip j Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'll have someone take the pics and etc. for me, since I don't have a mobile phone at the moment. Please give me a few days. I bought my RC new in 1973 for $215. Haven't used it a lot but it still works fine.You have to adjust the focus w/the remote to keep the pic sharp. but this is easy. Great remote! Runs cool, too, a big selling point for me. And of course, beautiful, heavy Leitz build quality. Ciao!

11. OP
    OP
    superflash

superflash Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  12. chip j

chip j Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yes I meant the Pradovit RC.

13. OP
    OP
    superflash

superflash Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ok , I understand.

14. tom43

tom43 Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi Superflash,

I will send you a mobile scan next weekend. No problem to share it with other interested people.

Just have to check, if the manual is multi-language, as I have a German variant.

15. tom43

tom43 Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    PS: I bought a new Pradovit PC a few days ago (old stock; never used). After a single test run I can confirm the brighter image compared to the P600, which I have for quite some time. Otherwise they are of course quite similar. I have no problems with my glass-less slides and popping with either projector, as I‘m using the latest Diaspeed XYZ slides. Image quality with Super Colorplan 90mm is great, but the standard Colorplan is definitely not the bottleneck if you don‘t use highest quality camera lenses like Zeiss APO Sonnar, Otus and Sigma Art Models (and even this I still have to confirm).

16. OP
    OP
    superflash

superflash Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    tom43:
    thank you very much, it is very helpful. For me is enough one language: italian is better but also english it's ok.

Congratulations Tom!
    You've bought one of the best linear tray proiector even made by Leica. It is better than P600 in several ways: first of it has a better cooling system to avoid popping, has 2 serial interface RS232, can be programmable with Pcom and it is capable to reach 1100 lumen, automatic lamp change, Intelligent AF that recognize slides with and without glass adjusting the focus automatically, additional heat filter, mirror with absorption of infrared rays and possibility to control
    ignition ramp with many dissolve units.

Have a good proiection!

17. tom43

tom43 Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    OK, I had a look in the documents: Pradovit PC has two manuals, the full P600 instructions and a small manual for PC specific topics. I have scanned this and uploaded it:

https://ufile.io/bxc1h

It‘s German, English and French.

18. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you. But concerning the control by PC this document does not yield any new information than we already got.
    Maybe we overcomplicate things and expect too much. Anything else would be a matter of software.

And I guess the information in the basic manual can be deduced with the resp. model at hand.

19. OP
    OP
    superflash

superflash Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    tom43 and AgX:
    thank you very much again. As said by AgX "concerning the control by PC this document does not yield any new information than we already got".
    To know how it can be controlled by PC or external devices, we have to refer in their manuals.
    For example, to program diretcly by PC you can use m.objects.
    That supplement don't tell about improvements inside, but once that you'll turn on, you will notice its advantages.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.