Leica III Rangefinder early WWII 1934 #174168 w Summar 5cm f2 in leather case

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Beginer, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Beginer

Beginer Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    This Leica III rangefinder camera is pre WWII between 1934 - 1935, Nr. 174168. Black paint. All in excellent conditions. The case has Leica logo and original. The Lens Summar 5cm f2 has clean and clear. The item been did CLA. Overall functions works very well. All shutter speed tested, even slow speed as well. The body cover is brand new. It is in high value for collecting. What great Germany product, almost a century over, just doing entire maintenance, it is working like initial conditions! The body paint loss is age mark and original. Please see the pictures.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  2. reedvalve

reedvalve Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    price?

3. OP
    OP
    Beginer

Beginer Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Pictures here, but might little small. Any questions let me know. As for selling, asking USD $900

4. OP
    OP
    Beginer

Beginer Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I am fighting with make my pictures saved in medium. But paint still save too large and upload has error. I find only the PDF file size is good for upload. Sorry about it.

5. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you would like a recommendation for an excellent piece of free software that provides excellent re-sizing tools, along with low overhead and a lot of other functionality, I can heartily recommend FastStone Image Viewer. It is a free download, works well and only asks for a donation infrequently.
    I am a happy user - no other connection.
    By the way, the target size for Photrio downloads is 800 pixels on the longest side.

6. OP
    OP
    Beginer

Beginer Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks lot ! I will try tomorrow and re-upload my pictures.

7. OP
    OP
    Beginer

Beginer Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Wow, wow, wow, thanks lot for Mattking. This photo viewer tools too much easy to resize photos. Just click and done. Appreciate!!!

Attached Files:

8. OP
    OP
    Beginer

Beginer Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Add more

Attached Files:

9. binglebugbob

binglebugbob Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Technicality, but Hitler was appointed chancellor in 1933. WW-II is generally said to have begun with the invasion of Poland in September, 1939.

So unless I'm missing something, if made in 1934, this appears to be pre WW-II

10. oldtimermetoo

oldtimermetoo Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Leica Magazine (published in USA) that I own for September 1939 noted that they were suspending publication until further notice because of the conflict in Europe so Leica must have considered the war to have started in September 1939. E.Leitz, New York resumed publication in (I think) 1947. The war in Europe ended in the Spring of 1945. The war between USA and Japan lasted until the bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in August 1945. I developed my first role of film in 1940 and yes, I do remember most of this period but if you don't believe the dates, ask Wikipedia. Your camera looks as if it might be an early III (1934-35).....Regards!

usa and Japan

11. OP
    OP
    Beginer

Beginer Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I got the history numbers from here https://www.cameraquest.com/ltmnum.htm . Actually, I am a very beginner for Leica long history camera products great contribution to the world. Thanks lot for got many knowledge from here after post my brick obtain jade.