winkle
Recent bookmarks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinschus

Shooter
Medium Format
Hallo,

this could be probably a question 10 years ago, so: sorry, i am a newbie.

following situation: i work analog (120/6x6) send my films to a lab, which does development and chemical printing. The results are good.
AFter that i digitalize them with flatbed scanner in 300 dpi for internetpresentation.There is no need for additional color - correction.

Now i could sell my first prit for a magzine (jipey), but have the problem, that they graphic-people want A3 (30 cm x 40cm) format.
My lab is only able to print in 30x40 (i think it is a frontier-machine), so my prints are 30x30.

What to do in such situation? Just scan the prints in 600 dpi? Feels somehow like interpolation?
Or do i get good results with this methode? Is there another elegant way (except the expensive highendscan)

Am i doing it "the right way"? Digitalize labprints with flatbed?

Thank you for the answers :smile:

Best regards,

luke

pbromaghin

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
To be more specific, this question is more appropriate over on the sister site, dpug.org. That is reserved for questions regarding the digital end of hybrid process. I bet you get pretty good answers, too.

removed account4

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
luke

sorry people here are a bit touchy when it comes to
electrons and modern technology .. im not gun shy ...

its ezpz ... just skann them at a high DPI and target the size they want
at the magazine .. then after you do your PS stuff, change the
dpi back down to 300 .. its not that hard .. if you don't have the machine
just ask your lab to do it for you, it is just a number change and file size change ...

its just like skanning to the apug gallery, you set the machine to a higherDPI
and to upload you reduce it to 72dpi ..

good luck with your magazine image !
john

OP
OP

Grinschus

Shooter
Medium Format
oh sorry,

i just could not open a thread in the hybrid-forum.
Anyway: thank you for the answers :smile:

The problem about scanning is that the results are pretty different from the lab-prints.
I got reults from different labs from nikon coolscans and imacons,too. They did "just" correct brightness,colors and contrast in scanning.
After i made light-jet prints and scanned them to get similair examples...it looked different :/

paul_c5x4

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
Now i could sell my first prit for a magzine (jipey), but have the problem, that they graphic-people want A3 (30 cm x 40cm) format.
My lab is only able to print in 30x40 (i think it is a frontier-machine), so my prints are 30x30.

The obvious answer would be to find a lab than can offer prints at the size you want. Two options exist: Print full 6x6 frame and leave significant white borders top and bottom. Crop the 6x6 neg to fit a 3:4 format. Both should be possible on a Frontier machine, but may well incur a small setup charge.

removed account4

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
The obvious answer would be to find a lab than can offer prints at the size you want. Two options exist: Print full 6x6 frame and leave significant white borders top and bottom. Crop the 6x6 neg to fit a 3:4 format. Both should be possible on a Frontier machine, but may well incur a small setup charge.

yeah .. that too :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom