Kodak TMY 400 film, Tmax developer, time?

Stevie

A
Stevie

No Show

A
No Show

Hydrant Omega

A
Hydrant Omega

Feral Cereal

A
Feral Cereal

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luigi Galasso
Recent bookmarks

veke

Shooter
35mm
Is there a chart for dilution and development time for this combination somewhere, can´t find one? I´ve found one: dilution 1:4, 22 degrees C, time 6,30 min but that is for another ISO 400 film, is this a good one? Roll film 120. I would like to use dilution 1:7, not so critical about seconds due to longer development time, any suggestions for that or for the 1:4? This TMY is a mystery for me, Tmax I know better.

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
Is there a chart for dilution and development time for this combination somewhere, can´t find one? I´ve found one: dilution 1:4, 22 degrees C, time 6,30 min but that is for another ISO 400 film, is this a good one? Roll film 120. I would like to use dilution 1:7, not so critical about seconds due to longer development time, any suggestions for that or for the 1:4? This TMY is a mystery for me, Tmax I know better.

Is the film the older TMY or the current TMY-2?

See the table at the top left corner on page 4 of this (f4043) publication if it is TMY-2: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/f4043/f4043.pdf

And if it is the older version, see the table on page 6 of this (f4016) publication: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/f4016/f4016.pdf

As you will note, Kodak recommends 24C for the more dilute versions.

OP
OP

veke

Shooter
35mm
the older, the paper says "TMY 120"

about the links:tongue:age Not Found . Could you check, please, something wrong somewhere. Or give the numbers for 1:4 and temperatures 20 and 22 C. Thank you.

pentaxuser

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
veke, I think there may be something wrong with your browser as I can get both sites from the links that Matt has provided.

pentaxuser

OP
OP

veke

Shooter
35mm
Yeah, not the first time. Not the last one either....

Konical

Subscriber
Good Morning, Veke,

I use the 1:7 dilution for both T-100 and T-400. My "normal" time is 9 minutes for T-400.

Konical

Shooter
Multi Format

http://bit.ly/1dPR5rb :smile:

jeffreyg

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
This is not a direct answer to your question but may be of interest. A couple of weeks ago I shot a roll of Delta 400 and a rather out dated roll o T-Max 400. Both 120 and shot under basically contrasty available light with some frames using a light orange filter to bring out clouds. When it came to developing the film I got lazy and developed both rolls in the same tank with ID11 1:1. I used a time slightly shorter than called for with the Delta 400 but slightly longer than called for with T-Max in D-76. All 24 of the negatives were right on. Maybe I was just lucky or some of the things we agonize over aren't worth the worry.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom