Kodak Slide projector troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by Steven Johnson, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Steven Johnson

Steven Johnson Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am working through several Kodak 35mm slide projectors getting them tuned up. There are various models and vintages on hand. Currently, I am working on an Ektagraphic III Model 5600 and I need some information that the Kodak Ektagraphic Service Manual does not discuss (unless I missed it). The problem is the focusing motor. The motor requires 8.5 volts, and the Service Manual mentions to verify this, but it does not seem to discuss what to check if NO voltage is found... which is my problem. The focusing solenoid actuates when the focus button is cycled from the remote cord, but no voltage is read at the motor terminals. The focusing motor does not function at this point.

Any suggestions?

2. OP
    OP
    Steven Johnson

Steven Johnson Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I found the Focus Motor switch has a small hook-shaped flat arm that when pulled on will allow the motor to function. I was given some advice from a EBay seller who I buy clean up kits and guides from. He pointed out that this series of projectors has the focus motor disabled until there is a slide in the gate; the little arm is part of this scenario and needs a slide to be in there to close the switch. This resolved the issue. Focus motor works great!

3. David Brown

David Brown Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Glad you found the solution.