Kodak Endura Metallic

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Matt5791, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Matt5791

Matt5791 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I notice that on the Kodak website this is supposed to be available in a variety of sheet sizes, which varies from "country to country"

Anyone got any information on this? particularly for the UK?

Also, any opinions on the paper itself?

Many thanks,
    Matt

2. Photo Engineer

Photo Engineer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Matt;

Since that paper is made at the Harrow plant outside London, you might try calling the toll free # for Kodak.

PE

3. OP
    OP
    Matt5791

Matt5791 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thansk very much for that PE - I never would have thought it!

Best regards,
    Matt

4. Bob F.

Bob F. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I looked for this fairly recently. I could not find it in sheets in the UK - only in rolls from one mini-lab supplier at around 120-200 quid per roll depending on width and length. Never did buy any... Search for "Endura Metallic" at: http://www.photomart.co.uk/ProductList.asp if you can put up with rolls.

The last box of Endura I bought was made at Harrow, but had been warehoused in France before returning to a shop in England, where I bought it. I live about 5 miles from Harrow...

5. OP
    OP
    Matt5791

Matt5791 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have phoned Morco to see if they can come up with anything.

I want to submit a panel to the BIPP this year and I feel this paper could really add an extra dimension to some of the prints.

6. Michel Hardy-Vallée

Michel Hardy-Vallée Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was lucky enough to get a couple of 8x10 sheets through APUG, and gave it a try.

It's a particular paper. When you look at the picture, it really look as if it's printed on metal, or made of metal. The colours &c are the same, but they have a sort of metallic sheen to them. I have to admit, I find it a little bit cheesy, but I can see how it would work well with some high-impact fashion/advertising pictures.

7. OP
    OP
    Matt5791

Matt5791 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for that - I suspected it is not a paper for everything!

Hopefully I will get hold of some soon, although I have this funny feeling I might be having to buy a whole roll.....

Matt

8. mrwestphal

mrwestphal Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hey Matt, I love this paper and yes, very hard to find in sheet form anymore.
    I was lucky enough to find it when it came out years ago in lots of sheet sizes and bought quite a bit to last me for awhile, and 1 large roll to cut down when the sheet stuff runs out.
    I like the paper because it kinda gives me the Ilfochrome look without the hassles of trying to get Ilfochrome materials and having to deal with the contrast masking issues.
    So, if you can find some I recommend getting it.