Threads
Members
Latest member
swededreams
Recent bookmarks

jphendren

Shooter
35mm
Am I reading the Kodak website correctly? I believe that it states that PKM needs +1/3 stop compensation at 1/10 sec, and that 1 sec. and over are not recommended?

Jared

DanielStone

Shooter
Multi Format
I think that this is true. I haven't looked at the specs in a while, so I'm not sure. I know that my shots that were at something like 1/8 or 1/4 were dark by about 1/3-1/2 stop, and started to go (cyan/blue)?

can't remember exactly....

one thing I know for sure though is that the modern Ektachromes and Fuji E-6 films are WAY better in the reciprocity times though. sad to say KR can't do this :sad:. I'd love it if it could

-Dan

nickandre

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
It's a film from the 70s, hence it behaves like a film from the 70s.

Shooter
Digital
My God. With only a very short time before Kodachrome disappears forever, why are we tugging fondly at the forelocks of a wildly archaic and largely forgotten emulsion like Kodachrome, which colour drains from its face the moment 1 second is up? Try Fuji.

nickandre

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Don't say that! I've still got four rolls in the fridge.

Shooter
Digital
Then shoot, damn it.
You'll have reciprocity issues with any film, but especially reversal film. The time to build experience in hedging against RF is now and experimenting is what is very highly recommended. Load up.

mopar_guy

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format

StorminMatt

Shooter
35mm
My God. With only a very short time before Kodachrome disappears forever, why are we tugging fondly at the forelocks of a wildly archaic and largely forgotten emulsion like Kodachrome, which colour drains from its face the moment 1 second is up? Try Fuji.

Because Fuji doesn't look like Kodachrome. If you like the look of Kodachrome, Fuji just won't do. As for Kodachrome being 'archaic and forgotten', I hate to break it to you. But this is true of film in general. If you DON'T want to shoot something that is archaic, consider buying a Canon 5DII or 7D.

nickandre

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Because Fuji doesn't look like Kodachrome. If you like the look of Kodachrome, Fuji just won't do. As for Kodachrome being 'archaic and forgotten', I hate to break it to you. But this is true of film in general. If you DON'T want to shoot something that is archaic, consider buying a Canon 5DII or 7D.

I think the original post had a sarcastic tone...

OP
OP

jphendren

Shooter
35mm
"I think the original post had a sarcastic tone..."

No, it was phrased as a question. I've since confirmed what I had feared; that Kodachrome is not good for longer exposures. I normally use Fujichrome Velvia 50, and it requires no compensation until 4 sec. The majority of my shots fall in the 1/30 to 4 sec. range.

Jared

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom