John Sexton Sacramento Lecture - Saturday April 4

Discussion in 'Workshops & Lectures' started by johnsexton, Mar 9, 2009.

1. johnsexton

johnsexton Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    On Saturday evening April 4th I will be presenting a lecture and book signing sponsored and organized by the Viewpoint Photographic Art Center in Sacramento. The event will be held at Cosumnes River College starting at 7:00 pm.

Here is a link to the details about the lecture:
    http://www.viewpointgallery.org/content/events/2009/sexton.php

General admission tickets for the lecture are $10.00 in advance, and $15.00 at the door. For students tickets are $5.00 in advance, and $7.00 at the door. Tickets can be purchased in advance by email, snail mail, or by phone. See contact information below.

Saturday, April 4, 7:00 PM
    The Recital Hall at Cosumnes River College
    8401 Center Parkway
    Sacramento, California 95823

The last time I presented a lecture in Sacramento was in 1994. There was a terrific turnout, and the audience was very enthusiastic. I'm pleased to be able to offer this lecture to benefit the Viewpoint Photographic Art Center. Viewpoint is a great asset to the Sacramento area photographic community. I look forward to the possibility of meeting some fellow APUG members at the event.

If you have questions or would like to purchase advance tickets for the lecture call the Viewpoint Gallery at 916-441-2341 or email: info@viewpointgallery.org

2. lilmsmaggie

lilmsmaggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi John,

I'm a newbie interested in LF. I will be attending your lecture on the 4th. I live about a mile from the Cosumnes campus. Just wondering: what resources, cameras, classes, workshops, etc. are available for beginning LF in the Sacramento region? I believe Cosumnes offers a LF class. maybe there are others.

Thanks,

Dwain B.

3. OP
    OP
    johnsexton

johnsexton Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Dwain,

I look forward to meeting you on April 4th. I don't live in Sacramento, and I am not familiar with photographic resources in the area. The lecture is being sponsored by the Viewpoint Photographic Art Center. They offer classes and workshop in the Sacramento area on a regular basis. I know that there will be a number of Viewpoint staff at the event. I am sure they will be happy to give you information. You can also check out their web site: www.viewpointgallery.org

See you soon,

John

4. Kerik

Kerik Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    John,

I was at the 1994 lecture and am hoping to make it to this one as well. Viewpoint is a great asset to the NorCal photo community.

5. gcoates

gcoates Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Excellent! I'm planning to be there.

6. OP
    OP
    johnsexton

johnsexton Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Kerik and Greg,

It will be great to have you both there. I least I won't be the ONLY one in the auditorium!!!

Thanks,

John

7. bill schwab

bill schwab Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    John,

It would be wonderful to bring you to Northern Michigan and the Photostock event. Perhaps next year? I'm sure there are many, including me, that would love to have you there.

Enjoy the lecture everyone!

Bill

8. 23mjm

23mjm Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I hope I can con the GF in letting me go:tongue:

John--how did your photographs from Gladding McBean turn out?? I have looked to see if I could find any but I haven't. I was at the same workshop.

M M

9. SchwinnParamount

SchwinnParamount Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    John,

I was at your Portland Museum of Art lecture a couple of years ago (you signed my "Listen To The Trees" book). The lecture was fabulous and the auditorium was filled. I would have a hard time believing a city the size of Sacramento wouldn't supply an auditorium full of Sexton enthusiasts.

10. OP
    OP
    johnsexton

johnsexton Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Bill,

Thanks for the note, and the kind invitation to next year's Photostock. It sounds like it would be an enjoyable experience to be able to participate. Next June is already pretty full with travel and commitments. We shall see what the future holds!

John

11. OP
    OP
    johnsexton

johnsexton Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thanks for your kind words about the 1996 lecture at the Portland Museum of Art. I had a great time there, and you were part of an enthusiastic audience. You never know how many people will attend any given event. It's always more enjoyable to give a presentation to a full house! Thanks again.

12. Jerry Basierbe

Jerry Basierbe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    John,
    I hope the lecture went well.
    It would be nice to have you out here if not next year, then maybe the year after.

Jerry

13. bill schwab

bill schwab Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    John, Thanks for considering us. It would be great to have you if we can work it out.

Thank you!

Bill

14. gcoates

gcoates Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    John, I very much enjoyed the lecture on Saturday. Your work is stunning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.