Members
Latest member
jrhii
Recent bookmarks

gryngowho

Shooter
35mm
Hello to everyone :smile:

My name is Enrico, I'm 26 years old and I write from a beautiful island called Sardinia. If you live in Europe and you're a nature/landscape photographer, definitely a destination you want to check out! :smile:

I just picked up a Yashica FX-3 Super 2000 and I'm trying to make it my first 35mm film camera. I also have a Polaroid Spectra but it's getting too expensive as far as the film goes :sideways:

Thank you for your time, I hope I can contribute to the forum in any way even though I'm an absolute beginner :smile:

Have a great time!
Enrico

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Welcome to APUG Photrio

OP
OP
gryngowho

gryngowho

Shooter
35mm
Welcome Enrico! I would love to visit your island. Got a spare bedroom? :smile:
Not yet man unfortunately.. the only one we have is the one I sleep in :laugh:

But I can give you a tip: usually people come in summer (late may to mid september). But end of september/early october it's usually the best time. It's warm (not hot as a oven like it is now), days are still long to visit places or to go to the beach and you can find better spots for cheaper :smile:

Do you have specific places or landscapes you'd want to see here?

chip j

Shooter
35mm
Welcome! Yes, I went to Italy in October 1967 (Venice & Naples), and the weather was much better and not so many tourists. CHEAPER too--I got a Bridal suite in Naples for $2.50 a nite! Canopy and all.

OP
OP
gryngowho

gryngowho

Shooter
35mm
Welcome! Yes, I went to Italy in October 1967 (Venice & Naples), and the weather was much better and not so many tourists. CHEAPER too--I got a Bridal suite in Naples for $2.50 a nite! Canopy and all.
Wow chip, I lived in Venice for 3 months.. It was like a dream! I can only imagine how it was at that time when there were not even half of the tourists :laugh: Yes, I think the rule is valid for pretty much all the south. I'm sure you had a great time while in there and what a deal!

E.

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I lived in worked in Naples of one summer during college.

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Sounds really cool, how was your experience there :smile:?

Eye opening. Very educational at many levels. I worked on the biochemical structure of human thyroglobulin T3 and T4, at the Policlinio of the University de Napoli.

removed account4

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
hey E
great to see you here !
what a beautiful place you are from ..
a really great friend of mine used to
spend a lot of time on your island his
photographs were mind blowing ( understatement ! )
have fun with your camera, there are lots of friendly people
to help you along the way if / when you run into snags...

best
john

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I spent a lot of time at Vesuvio, Pompeii, Heculenium, Sulfaterra, Capri, Amalfi Drive, and Pestum.

Arklatexian

Shooter
Multi Format
Eye opening. Very educational at many levels. I worked on the biochemical structure of human thyroglobulin T3 and T4, at the Policlinio of the University de Napoli.
That is all very interesting but how was the food? Other than pizza (and I like pizza)........Regards!
I spent a lot of time at Vesuvio, Pompeii, Heculenium, Sulfaterra, Capri, Amalfi Drive, and Pestum.
I would be somewhat careful visiting the first four. Isn't it about time for Vesuvious (sp) to blow its top again? The others sound photogenic.......Regards!

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I lived with a family, so my introduction to southern Italian food was not the usual pasta and pizza first. I did eat at Pizza Antica so I did eat at the place that invented pizza.

• gryngowho
  • gryngowho
  • Deleted
  • Reason: i didn't see new posts where the person replied to the question
OP
OP
gryngowho

gryngowho

Shooter
35mm
Wow.. all of them are still on my list of destinations. I can see why you had a great time :smile: (outside work/college too)

OP
OP
gryngowho

gryngowho

Shooter
35mm
hey E
great to see you here !
what a beautiful place you are from ..
a really great friend of mine used to
spend a lot of time on your island his
photographs were mind blowing ( understatement ! )
have fun with your camera, there are lots of friendly people
to help you along the way if / when you run into snags...

best
john
Thank you John, I definitely experienced it already (as my Yashica lens is quiet reluctant to go above 1.5m focus distance :laugh:).
Anyway I hope you'll come to visit it too if you get the chance :smile:
And I hope I will contribute in some way to the forum even though I'm quiet far from being proficient :D

Enrico

Black Dog

Shooter
Multi Format
Hello and welcome-I've got a lot out of this site in the last 15 years! Enjoy your photography, just keep at it and keep practising.

OP
OP
gryngowho

gryngowho

Shooter
35mm
Hello and welcome-I've got a lot out of this site in the last 15 years! Enjoy your photography, just keep at it and keep practising.
Hey BD, thank you very much. Absolutely, consistency is everything!

Carter john

Shooter
Medium Format
I've been to Sardinia, and even though I only had 35mm both my color and B&W shots were great. It is a peaceful island and beautiful.

OP
OP
gryngowho

gryngowho

Shooter
35mm
I've been to Sardinia, and even though I only had 35mm both my color and B&W shots were great. It is a peaceful island and beautiful.
it definitely is depending where you go :smile: do you remember where specifically have you been?

mooseontheloose

Shooter
Multi Format
Welcome Enrico! Interestingly, Sardinia popped up on my radar recently, and I may be visiting it next year (most likely in March, if I do end up going, or possibly September, but so much depends on what conferences I get accepted at, since that often determines where and when I travel). After doing some research about it, it has definitely moved up the list of travel destinations I want to go to in the next few years. Looking forward to seeing your photos!

OP
OP
gryngowho

gryngowho

Shooter
35mm
Welcome Enrico! Interestingly, Sardinia popped up on my radar recently, and I may be visiting it next year (most likely in March, if I do end up going, or possibly September, but so much depends on what conferences I get accepted at, since that often determines where and when I travel). After doing some research about it, it has definitely moved up the list of travel destinations I want to go to in the next few years. Looking forward to seeing your photos!
Oh man I'm happy for you! March is a lovely time to visit.. This year it's been a little cold but it's usually sunny at least :smile: What conference are you going to attend in here?
And man thank you, I can't wait to be able to shoot away with my Yashica! :smile:

Enrico

mooseontheloose

Shooter
Multi Format
Oh man I'm happy for you! March is a lovely time to visit.. This year it's been a little cold but it's usually sunny at least :smile: What conference are you going to attend in here?
And man thank you, I can't wait to be able to shoot away with my Yashica! :smile:

Enrico

That’s good to know. Living in a highly touristed city means that I prefer travelling to other popular places in the off-season, if I can. I haven’t found a conference in Sardinia, but there’s one in Greece in early March, so if I do that one then I’ll add Sardinia (and maybe Malta) to the trip.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom