IMO art is intentional (work of Liz Hickok)

Untitled

A
Untitled

Black Bull (2010)

A
Black Bull (2010)

Liz-Lith.jpg

A
Liz-Lith.jpg

Stray (2014)

H
Stray (2014)

Time #2

Time #2

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyanotypeworld
Recent bookmarks

miha

Shooter
Multi Format
Mesmerizing and unique. Thanks for sharing.

faberryman

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I believe art is intentional as well. I only found one image compelling. What it shows though is that you just need an idea for a project.

• slackercrurster
  • slackercrurster
  • Deleted
  • Reason: Off topic and responses to off topic post. Let’s keep it to the work linked in the opening post

Arklatexian

Shooter
Multi Format
I must disagree with your opinion. I have known of a case where pictures were made by a photographer who took them because he thought the subject matter was "interesting", which was true. Now, almost a hundred years later, they, are, indeed "art", not just "interesting". Probably another reason to consider composition, technique, etc. when making pictures of something "interesting"....Regards!

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Most of the time I photograph for art, which requires a little time for exposure and composition.

• TheFlyingCamera
  • TheFlyingCamera
  • Deleted
  • Reason: Off topic and responses to off topic post. Let’s keep it to the work linked in the opening post

Wayne

Shooter
Large Format
Please describe for me in what way this work lacks "intent"??

I think he was attempting to use it as an example of work with intent (vs accidental art), but I tend not to spend much time trying to discern the motives behind such vague statements unless they hold interest for me.

eddie

Shooter
Multi Format
Sometimes the intent is to allow chance to play a part in the work’s creation.

Ces1um

Shooter
Multi Format
Pretty cool. Looks quite surreal. You can tell a lot of effort is put into constructing the models (building the urban landscape, choosing which colour crystals will grow in which area). In my mind the photography of it is more of a cataloging (is that the correct spelling?) of the actual object she's produced - but I understand it's the prints she's selling. I think the real art was in the construction of what she photographed.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom