Threads
Members
Latest member
odeo606
Recent bookmarks

miha

Shooter
Multi Format
I read there are differences in 1K surface across the Ilford range of FB papers (Cooltone, Classic, Warmtone, Galerie). Can someone range them from the glossiest to the one with the least shine, from the smoothest to the roughest?

OP
OP
miha

miha

Shooter
Multi Format
So no one is willing to share their haptic feelings?

Xmas

Shooter
35mm RF
Sorry I've only seen the cooltone but it did not seem very glossy but this was in unglased state after processing won't you be glazing?

OP
OP
miha

miha

Shooter
Multi Format
No, I'm interested in an unglazed finish appearance only.

jeffreyg

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
I use Ilford MGFB (Classic) glossy and MGFB warm-tone glossy. I air dry so the surface is not shiny. Of those two the surfaces are similar in my hands. There is a definite difference than if you were to use a matte surface paper.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

VaryaV

Shooter
Multi Format
I read there are differences in 1K surface across the Ilford range of FB papers (Cooltone, Classic, Warmtone, Galerie). Can someone range them from the glossiest to the one with the least shine, from the smoothest to the roughest?

Hi miha - I don't have any experience with the Warmtone or Classic but I can tell you Galerie is the least glossy with the smoothest finish of the two, being Coldtone. I prefer the matte finish and surface of the Slavich Unibrom as far as the Coldtone finish goes. Hope this helps. I think a lot of folks are still in the testing phase.

OP
OP
miha

miha

Shooter
Multi Format
I use Ilford MGFB (Classic) glossy and MGFB warm-tone glossy. I air dry so the surface is not shiny. Of those two the surfaces are similar in my hands. There is a definite difference than if you were to use a matte surface paper.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Thank you, I did notice a definitive difference between the surface finish of the MGVI (old) and the WT papers.

OP
OP
miha

miha

Shooter
Multi Format
Hi miha - I don't have any experience with the Warmtone or Classic but I can tell you Galerie is the least glossy with the smoothest finish of the two, being Coldtone. I prefer the matte finish and surface of the Slavich Unibrom as far as the Coldtone finish goes. Hope this helps. I think a lot of folks are still in the testing phase.

I remember Bergger/Forte papers from the past - super smooth surface and muted gloss. Sounds like I should get some Galerie soon. Thanks.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom