Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnmcc
Recent bookmarks

ntenny

Shooter
Multi Format
As of this morning, I've developed, dried, and sleeved all the film I shot...in 2012.

About 20 more rolls, plus a couple of sheets, and I'll have this year's done too. My goal is to get through that pile while I'm off for Christmas/Gnu Year's; I probably won't make it, but if I can get reasonably close, I might be able to avoid getting so backlogged in the coming year.

Next order of business is to mix up a new batch of developer, which is kind of a PITA. I think I'll wait until Grandma has left the house before heating up a jar of triethanolamine on the kitchen stove, just to avoid the awkward attempts to explain myself.

-NT

jp498

Shooter
Multi Format
I usually develop when I have enough film to fill my patterson tank or my combiplan tank. ( 3 rolls of 120 or 6 sheets of 4x5), but this fall I got behind on filing / contact printing proof pages. I had 9 months of sheets of negatives stacked up on the enlarger baseboard, needing proof sheets and ID'ing and put into binders. I've got stuff from 2012 I want to print too.

eddie

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Last night, I developed 3 rolls from my June Caribbean trip. Tonight, I'm hoping to do two more. That will leave just two undeveloped rolls...

removed account4

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
1 roll left!
but i have a 6 foot tall stack of film i promised myself i would commit to paper
i dont think it will happen before next week:whistling::sad:

Shooter
Multi Format
Still got a few rolls from september til now to develop. And about 3 negative binders to print! Its hard to commit youself into the darkroom when you work in one almost daily. I did develop 4 sheets of film last night to test my new camera and lens setup though.

Dave Swinnard

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I've 4 rolls of 120 in the freezer awaiting the finishing of my new darkroom. Normally I like to see what I've shot right after shooting it, but being without a darkroom for two years has put a crimp in that. The lack of a darkroom was offset by the lack of time to actually got and do any shooting - big house reno kept me busy.

The four rolls came from two occasions when I just couldn't resist the urge to shoot something - the first an outing to an interesting old mine site (Nanaimo's Morden Colliery Historic Provincial Park) with my brother and his new 8x10, and a stunning early fall morning (dew, cobwebs, slanting sunshine, mist, and REALLY BIG trees) in Cathedral Grove wandering around by myself and my Hasselblad on my tripod (and not too many tourists yet).

By the end of January, I hope to get the film done...and then the checking, testing, and printing of backlog begins.

Top of the seasons to all you fine folks.

Shooter
Multi Format
About eight rolls remain. Then some neg sheet printing and filing and then I go out and club the hell out of some poor vista with a big camera.

effae

Shooter
35mm
I caught up with my undeveloped stuff last week. Had four rolls from last summer in my refrigerator, and despite only being four rolls, they've stressed me out for a while already. The rolls had some important photos, and I was worried they'd deteriorate if I'd keep them undeveloped for longer.. But I recon they would've lasted a while more?

When does BW film start to "go bad" if kept in the refrigerator?

Shooter
Multi Format
If unexposed, not for a long time. Depending on the brand, of course, but your garden variety, will-survive-a-nuclear-holocaust black and white emulsions will be good. Exposed, will I have process two year old exposed film. Got good negs. Probably could have been better had I not waited. The latent image can start to degrade. However, I have know idea how long would be too long. Best not to press the luck IMHO.

VaryaV

Shooter
Multi Format
Well, let's get on with it then!

bwahahahahhahahahaha :tongue:

momus

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Good going. I don't know how you folks can do this though. As soon as I finish a roll, I can't wait to get home and develop it. Now that I have the hang of developing 2 rolls it's even worse because now I have to wait until I finish that second roll.

OP
OP

ntenny

Shooter
Multi Format
Good going. I don't know how you folks can do this though. As soon as I finish a roll, I can't wait to get home and develop it.

Having a day job and a small child will chew up a person's scheduling flexibility pretty good, I find. I can shoot while doing other things, to a point, but developing film basically means I'm not doing anything else for a block of 20-30 minutes, and that's a significant chunk of the time left to do things on any given weekday. Add to that the occasional vacation or weekend trip that produces 5-10 rolls and a few sheets, and I lose ground pretty fast.

LF is easier to keep up with, because of fewer shots. I don't know how the 35mm folks, who can burn film like it was going out of style, manage!

-NT

Vaughn

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
I have a half-dozen or more 120 rolls of B&W I need to get on soon. Trouble is, developing and printing the 8x10 and 11x14 negatives always take my attention away some these tiny little rolls...even though I am interested in the 120 (trying to remember what they are though).

Problem is I am losing access to 'my' darkroom of 36 years (4 yrs as a student, 10 years as a community volunteer and 22 years paid) on January 17th (or 14th...there seems to be some confusion). I am being transferred from being the darkroom tech for the Art Department to the lab tech for the Anthropology department. So I need to get busy! And busy building my own darkroom!

NedL

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I don't have much problem keeping up with my film... I don't shoot all that much. One roll sitting there waiting and another almost ready in the camera... but my printing is getting further and further behind and I will never catch up! I'm not even sure catching up is a goal.

Xmas

Shooter
35mm RF
LF is easier to keep up with, because of fewer shots. I don't know how the 35mm folks, who can burn film like it was going out of style, manage!

-NT
multi tanks in a row in bath, stock bottle into 1st tank,...

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom