How to replace Graflex XL focus ring?

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by JasonC, Feb 19, 2009.

1. JasonC

JasonC Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi, anybody knows the procedure of replacing the Graflex XL 3-tab focus ring with a new one? Thanks.

Jason.

2. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You have a source for new ones? If so, let us know (after you get yours of course).

3. bowzart

bowzart Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure whether I have the repair manual or not, and can't look for it now. Everything is in an uproar. However, I'm pretty sure that you'd be able to find a source for the repair book somewhere online. Might cost some money but it could be well worth it if you have a replacement. I may have time to look tomorrow. No guarantees.

I've got a body that could use a new one; a crack in one of the tabs. I had one repaired once, and the repair has held. It was so long ago that I can't remember who did it or how I found him. Somewhere in the midwest.

It's the achilles heel of an otherwise really great camera.

If you do have a source for parts, I'm looking for a copy of the back frame. I took one off of the camera with the cracked tab, to make a pinhole camera that works with the system.

4. OP
    OP
    JasonC

JasonC Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I wish I have a source for parts. I came across the focus ring by chance and bought it for a low price.

5. Inayat Noor

Inayat Noor Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Fred Lustig

Five years ago or more I used Fred Lustig. At the time he was located in Reno, Nevada. I don't know if he still works or not. He was very good.

Inayat

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.