how make 13X19" print storage boxes ?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by jtk, Jan 29, 2018.

1. jtk

jtk Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    For long-term print storage I've been using the boxes that come with paper, but I'd like something more substantial for my A3+ (13X19")...my now standard size for my best prints.

I could build what I want with plywood, but there must be some better way. File drawer systems are too expensive and take up too much floor space.

Ideas?

2. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    look for a book called "books boxes and portfolios" it is not hard to build an archival storage box if you don't have the $$ to buy one
    from portfolioboxes.com .. they set the bar high and do fantastic work.

3. OP
    OP
    jtk

jtk Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks J, I just ordered used from Amazon :smile:

I will build my own because I don't have floor space for a proper print file system...but for that reality I'd be tempted by "Husky" brand wheel-around aluminum tool boxes like those I use for photo (around $200ea). They're the right size for A3+

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.