Hello from Chicago

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the PHOTRIO Community' started by tumba, Jan 10, 2018.

1. tumba

tumba Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    New user and happy to have discovered what seems like a great community. Photography is just a hobby, but I shoot color and black and white negative film.

I grew up watching my dad shoot his original Nikon FM. My first camera was a Nikon FM10 with a 50mm F/1.4 Nikkor lens that I purchased from B&H mail order when I was in my early teens. After getting it, I was able to take a couple classes at the local university in photography and darkroom technique. I would love to get back into developing, but use a local lab that develops and scans at present. More than 20 years later, I bought my second (and current) camera: a used FM2N I bought to replace the FM10 when it gave up the ghost and didn't seem worth repairing. I have never invested much in gear, but I’m not bored yet of exploring the world through 50mm.

Just posted my first thread looking for comments and criticism.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. Doc W

Doc W Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Welcome. Nice shots of a big city at night. Good work.

3. Kodachromeguy

Kodachromeguy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Very nice! The snow adds textures and patterns on the streets. Welcome and great that you are part of the film community. Chicago offers a lot of photographic opportunities.

4. Welcome to APUG Photrio

5. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG/Photrio. You are so lucky to have Central Camera in your city.

6. OP
    OP
    tumba

tumba Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yes! I live nearby and am very thankful for them.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.