Threads
Members
Latest member
Evergreen States
Recent bookmarks

Ira Rush

Shooter
Medium Format
I’ve noticed that some dealers that list used Hassy magazines will describe them as either “Original”, “12, 16 or 24 Release” or “Black Dot Release”, and others will describe them by the Hasselblad Product Number such as 30074 or 30147, etc.

The “Original” (assuming it is an “A” magazine) I know will refers to the old V logo, and the 12 or 24 release as well as the “Black Dot” release is obvious.

My question is when they just refer to the product number, which is which? I know that certain codes also referred to “chrome” backs and some to “black” backs, but again, what product number was an “Original”, what product number was a “12” or Black Dot release?

I’ve referenced some sources (old catalogs, “The Compendium” by Richard Nordin), maybe I’m missing something, but I still can’t really find what I am looking for….

Soooo, does anybody have an updated, latest and greatest listing of back description and product number.

Thanks in advance

Q.G.

Shooter
Medium Format
30074 and 30147 are just the chrome and black versions of an A12 magazine. Any "type".

And that's all there is; all these black dot and other designations are just nonsense. Cosmetic differences.

Small modifications have been made to the magazines, yes. Some (like the friction brake on the feed spool) have come, and gone away again. The "biggy" is the replacement of the two separate spool holder arms by one big one.
But they did not lead to a different product code. An A12 is an A12.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom