Hasselblad H2 and 120mm Macro lens intermittent connection issue

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by logan.egbert, Dec 30, 2017.

1. logan.egbert

logan.egbert Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi All,

I just got a very mint used 120mm Macro lens for my new-to-me Hasselblad H2 and I've been experiencing a strange issue. Sometimes, not often, when I turn the camera on the lens and the camera are not communicating. I'm able to set the aperture to any setting I want, despite it being a max f/4 lens. The autofocus also stops working entirely. If I dis/reconnect the lens, it's back to normal and often stays that way until the issue crops up again.

I've cleaned the contacts with an eraser head. I don't have any q-tips or alcohol right now (i'm at the coast) so that's as far as I've gotten.

No errors showing on the camera itself.

Has anyone had this issue or might now what the culprit might be?

Thank you!

2. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't know about the Hassy, but the contacts on my Rolleiflex are gold and I'd not want an eraser to get near them. Try DeOxit. Otherwise the lens or body may be faulty. Do you have any other lenses to test the body?
    Also, I don't know about the battery power for that, but in the Rolleiflex system, may 'problems' can be solved with a new fully charged battery.

3. OP
    OP
    logan.egbert

logan.egbert Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Unfortunately, I don't. I've been looking at getting an 80mm lens, but I want to make sure it isn't the camera that's the issue before I get more invested.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.