Threads
Members
Latest member
swededreams
Recent bookmarks

Goodman5390

Shooter
Medium Format
ok so i've got a 1000f; all is well. but i'm looking to get a polaroid back for it.

can someone educated on the subject please give me a rundown on the whole thing?

what polaroid backs (if any) will fit the 1000f? what polaroid film type should i use? is polaroid film still available enough that it would be worth it to get a back? where is a good place to buy from? et cetera....

please let me know! i'm looking to make a purchase soon.

thanks,
b.a.g.

Q.G.

Shooter
Medium Format
You will have noticed how on the back of the 1000 F, above the wind gear, a little pin shoots out briefly when you wind the camera.
Film magazines, including Polaroid magazines, must have a hole to allow that to happen.

The early, 1000-series magazines had a catch that needed to be tripped by that pin to allow winding (reason why you shouldn't use those behind a 500-series or later camera: it will wind, but also force the catch mechanism, breaking it).
Later magazines, though no longer needed when used with 500-series or later cameras, still had that hole.
But after a while, it disappeared.

The Polaroid magazines do not have that hole, so cannot be used on a 1000 F.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom