Gum Print using Glow in the Dark Pigment

Discussion in 'Alternative Processes' started by Logan Goldman, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Logan Goldman

Logan Goldman Member

Shooter:
    DSLR
    Hey all, I am currently in an alternative process photo class, where we are learning about gum prints. I had the idea of using glow in the dark pigment for a night scene photo. Has anyone here ever tried using glow in the dark pigment?

2. Herzeleid

Herzeleid Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    In the past, I have extracted fluorescein dye from liquid highlighter pen and used it. It prints yellow and glows in UV light. I see no reason why a glow in the dark pigment wouldn't work.

3. jim10219

jim10219 Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I like this idea! I may have to give it a try!

4. J 3

J 3 Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Noodlers brand fountain pen ink has two invisible (nearly invisible on white paper) colors that glow in UV light. One is called Whiteness of the Whale (after the Moby Dick section), and the other is called Blue Ghost. Fountain pen inks contains water, a dye, an anti-fungal agent, and a surfactant to make it flow better through the pen. It's unlikely to contain anything that would cure the gum from the print that I can see.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.