Guillaume Zuili Lith Print a big hit.

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Bob Carnie, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Hi Folks, maybe the wrong forum, but it's the only one I am on, and I believe it is a big shot in the arm for all you Lith Printers as well as fibre base wet printers out there so I think it belongs here.

The Snap Live Auction was held last evening and all proceeds were donated to the Toronto Aids community . The last unoffical count 150 thousand dollars were raised in the Live Auction and the Print Competition silent auction.

The Live auction had 60 lots and raised 120K, our gallery(Dylan Ellis Gallery) donated with our artists permission 4 fibre base prints and bids were made to a total of 15 thousand dollars.

APUG's own Guillaume Zuili lith print of the strippers was the only print in the show that TD Bank matched the bid and 8 thousand dollars went to this worthy cause.
    Also included in our lots were Bill Schwab, Kevin Kelly and Kevin Viner and these prints as well raised another 7 thousand dollars.

It was wonderful for me to see all these lots up and being bid on and to see fibre base prints not only hold their own but IMHO steal the show with their good looks and obviously desirability to the bidders in the show.
    I know we all here doom and gloom these days but I would like to thank Guillaume, Bill, Kevin and Kevin for allowing us to donate their wonderful work and see this money go to work immediately to those less fortunate than some of us.

2. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Congrats to all involved!

3. Fintan

Fintan Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well done folks, I'm not in the least bit surprised to read you stole the show.

4. SuzanneR

SuzanneR Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sounds like a very successful event, Bob. Congrats to you, Guillaume and Bill!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
  5. jd callow

jd callow Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Guillaume and Bill are two of the best photog's working today regardless of fame and they both hang here. Bob as I've said for years and now you are hearing it from people like Guillaume and Bill is one of the best (best Ive seen) printers period -- and a damn good photog in his own right. It is good to see that all are getting their due.

6. Dinesh

Dinesh Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have seen the large prints by both Bill and Guillaume and whomever won them got a deal.

If you haven't set aside the time to do so, go to their show at Elevator on the 14th of this month. You will not regret it.

7. thebanana

thebanana Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    That's really great news guys!

8. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    congratulations bill and guillaume!

9. Erik L

Erik L Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Big Fan of Guillaume and Bill's printing, congrats guys for a good cause
    Erik

10. Shangheye

Shangheye Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well done guys. A worthy cause, and whoever bought the prints will be more than satisfied i am sure. K

11. Kerik

Kerik Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Word.

12. Mayfair710

Mayfair710 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    BRAVO Guillaume and Bill! great news for 2 great photographers and a great cause.
    ~~marianne

13. OP
    OP
    Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Just an update,

Snap raised over 224 thousand dollars with the Snap Competition silent auction, Snap University Stars, and as well the Live Auction which featured 60 International Artist which included our four representatives from the Dylan Ellis Gallery.
    Not bad for a one evening event of photography in Toronto in these economic times.

14. Simon R Galley

Simon R Galley Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Very well done, I bet it took some work....

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology limited :

15. bill schwab

bill schwab Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey... This is great news. Glad to be of some help... and thanks everyone!

Congratulations Guillaume!!

Way to go Bob!!!!

16. Mayfair710

Mayfair710 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    "not bad for one evening" is quite an understatement...well done and congratulations to all.

17. Guillaume Zuili

Guillaume Zuili Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's a great news on a good cause Thanks all.

Strippers went there thanks to Bob, incredible, crazy, mad artist in orange dayglo suit.
    But more than that, now Bob spells my name right... Now I'm overwhelmed by joy and emotion :smile: :smile: :smile:

See you soon Bill.

G.

18. thebanana

thebanana Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Carnie, strippers and an orange jump suit......sounds like quite a party :tongue:

19. Thomas Bertilsson

Thomas Bertilsson Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Congratulations to everybody involved to a fantastic result! It's really encouraging to hear that photography created by the talent and exceptional artists here can be that beneficial. Way to go!

20. OP
    OP
    Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Dear Guimme

I just had a moment of sanity when I posted this thread , I am now back to normal. I will see you next week at our show, it is starting to look very good and hopefully there will be lots interest in our work.

To all,
    Elevator and our Dylan Ellis Gallery is hosting a rather large group show in our gallerys next Thurs March 12.
    All of the work is 100% is wet fibre work.
    Of that 85% is printed on our good friends Harmon paper. No big suprise here, Ilford IMO give us the consistancey to work in such diverse applications after the exposure is laid on the paper.

Bills is all Ilford MG4 matte toned to a beautiful hue.
    Osheens is Harmon Digital FB toned to a split sepia/ seleniun as well as a couple of large lith on Ilford Warmtone
    Mine is all on Ilford Warmtone solarized and tri toned with sepia, gold and selinium.
    Guillumes pieces are lith prints on Ilford Warmton, with a few of the prints Slavich G4 and then split toned.** the print that raised 8k Sun Evening, was a 35mm pinhole negative enlarged to 40inches on Ilford Warmtone then tri toned**

In total for our upcoming show, we will be presenting over 35 - 30 x 40 murals and approximately 20 - 20 x 24 prints.

This show will be up till April 25th and if anyone has gallery's in your area that would like to see an unique body of work* Old Style* then let me know by email.

To see the official propaganda go to www.elevatordigital.ca and click on the Dylan Ellis Gallery.
    This is our second official launch at the Dylan Ellis Gallery and I am excited to be in this show and still be able to want to print on an enlarger and even more excited to find out that there is an audience still willing to buy and appreciate what we do.

21. Thomas Bertilsson

Thomas Bertilsson Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You guys are putting together some fantastic work! I wish, so much, that I could be there in person to see it.

Good luck - as if you need it! :smile: