Greetings...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the PHOTRIO Community' started by J_calow, Nov 28, 2017.

1. J_calow

J_calow Member

Shooter:
    Hybrid
    Howdy all, I'm new here from the bustling town of Calgary! I stopped shooting film about 12-13 years ago until very recently when I picked up a new to me Fuji gsw690 to push a few rolls of med format film through to augment my digital kits. Pretty excited to get back in the groove and re-learn the processing side again.

Jeremy

2. mike c

mike c Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    "Well Hello there Jeremy" Good for you to join us, the Fuji gsw 690 is a good camera to reacquaint yourself to roll film.

3. OP
    OP
    J_calow

J_calow Member

Shooter:
    Hybrid
    Thanks kindly Mike! I thought the same thing about the GSW. It's just a bit bigger than the rest of my kit hehe..

4. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey another cowtown shooter! Welcome to the best photo forum on the net.

5. OP
    OP
    J_calow

J_calow Member

Shooter:
    Hybrid
    Hey Eric! Glad to see some local representation here. I'm looking forward to sharing and learning :wink:

6. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome from the Left Coast.
    Better be careful though. Your screen name is awfully close to a rarely seen moderator here on APUG/Photrio, and you don't want to be confused with him :wink::whistling:.
    (Hope John has emoticons turned on:angel:)

7. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Welcome to APUG Photrio.

8. OP
    OP
    J_calow

J_calow Member

Shooter:
    Hybrid
    Thanks guys! Matt I'll keep things in check :smile:, make sure its obviously just lil ol me.

9. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome from the (relatively) far south - Washington DC! Yeah, there's nothing quite like shooting some big film - I'm pushing a lot of medium format through a range of toys from my Rolleiflexes to an RZ67 to a Lomo Belair 6x12 and a Vermeer 6x18 pinhole. Each is their own unique animal with their own unique qualities. I love them all.

Lots of good feedback here about processing, whether it's b/w or color. Ask away!

10. OP
    OP
    J_calow

J_calow Member

Shooter:
    Hybrid
    Awesome, I actually picked up the 6x9 (besides some localized peer pressure for analogue shooting) to get back into the rhythm because I am really dying to pick up a 6x17 or 6x12 pano system. I shoot a lot of digital stitched pano's but there are some shots that really benefit from a single exposure vs. stitching for obvious reasons. Should be putting my first full rolls through the fuji this weekend then I'll be off and stumbling :wink:

11. George Nova Scotia

George Nova Scotia Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome from the East coast as well, always great to see more representatives from the Far North. Be sure to check out the various print and postcard exchanges once you get up and running.

12. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome Jeremy! It’s nice to have another Canadian on board. I was born and raised in Calgary, but it’s been years since I’ve lived there. In any event, I’m looking forward to seeing some of your work!

13. OP
    OP
    J_calow

J_calow Member

Shooter:
    Hybrid
    Thanks George, I was checking them out yesterday, looking forward to have something to participate with!

Cheers Rachelle, Kyoto is only a small skip from cowtown :wink:, I am interested in seeing what I can come up with long before I get confidence in consistent deliverables with this medium hehe. I think I have the in the field work flow figured out - but shooting digital has definitely made me a bit lazy from the acquisition through presentation stages.

14. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hi jeremy
    good to see you here
    and welcome back home.
    john

15. 1kgcoffee

1kgcoffee Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome! May film photography become a new obsession for you.

I'm sure you're familiar with 'The Camera Store' in town. If not you can get nearly any film or supplies from there.

16. OP
    OP
    J_calow

J_calow Member

Shooter:
    Hybrid
    Thanks John, I am glad to be back to where it all began that's for sure hehe..

Thanks 1KG, I am quite familiar with the fine folks at the Camera Store. They have relieved me of my hard earned funds for a long while and have helped getting some of the things I needed put together for this new voyage. Not sure I am quite ready to bust out the 6x9 at a Beers and Cameras event yet, but you never know.

17. cowanw

cowanw Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Welcome from the no coast.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.