Grant list 2019

Discussion in 'Call for Entries' started by slackercrurster, Dec 18, 2018.

1. jtk

jtk Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm

Slacker...do you apply for grants? Current recipient? Something pending? Any tips?

My neo-daughter (girlfriend's daughter) has been getting film-making grants for the past several years, most recently for $10K

That's nice but it doesn't pay the rent. For that she has a fairly substantial part time career.

One concern is that she invests a lot of hope in grants, a lot of energy in grant application etc..

2. jnantz

jnantz Advertiser Advertiser
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    fantastic !! thanks for posting this :smile:

3. jtk

jtk Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm

I've tried to convince her that her proven success (Public Television specials), for which she's received grants, would bring her MORE success if she stopped pursuing grants, but she's obsessed with her subject matter (arcane stuff) more than with her film making work. I've stopped trying because that's not my business and it doesn't help our relationship.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.