Recent bookmarks

EASmithV

Shooter
Large Format
Now that's something I'd like to see

dwross

Shooter
Multi Format
Anyone out there coating glass wanting to produce positives?
dw

Yes, indeedy. I've gotten a fair start. With one holiday thing and another, I'll probably not be back at it until after the first of the year, but I'll be sure to get in contact with you then.

Here's a bit of where I'm at: A section already posted on my website and a 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 Baby Speed Graphic positive (handmade emulsion coated on Melenex subbed film base.) The image is a straight, unmanipulated scan (i.e. it's not inverted.)

http://www.thelightfarm.com/Map/Gallery/DeniseRoss8/Image.htm

Happy Thanksgiving to All!!!
d

Attachments

• PosBeatriceandCC.jpg
    PosBeatriceandCC.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 104

David A. Goldfarb

Shooter
Large Format
Interesting. My Beseler Slide King will handle lantern format, and I have a few historic lantern slides. They're really contrasty, as they need to be for projection. I thought I might try to dupe or scan a couple of them and make prints, and they're very hard to print well, but they look great on the projection screen.

totalamateur

Shooter
Medium Format
I've been looking into doing this, and I was wondering if anyone here knew of any adjustments that would be made to the coated emulsions, i.e. something to increase contrast/dmax or tone the final positive? It would seem that a thicker, higher silver content emlusion would be better.

OP
OP
dr5chrome

dr5chrome

Shooter
Medium Format
...to be more clear, I would need someone coating glass, exposing, then send those plates into us for dr5 processing...

regards

Anyone out there coating glass wanting to produce positives?

We would be willing to do some extensive testing and free processing for some good samples.

Call me at the lab or email;

info2@dr5.com
303 534 2375

regards
dw

Aurum

Shooter
Medium Format
IIRC Ilford still have the capability of coating glass plates for Nuclear chemistry. IDK if this has to be a special order or wether they release product into the chemical / nuclear supply chain and remake as appropriate.

Not a clue, however, I'm sure mr Galley would fill us in with the details if needed.

Looking at your website, you certainly have got some good results with HP5/FP4/Pan F

http://www.harmantechnology.com/dotnetnuke/Technology/Photographic/tabid/142/Default.aspx

The distributor of the plates is:

http://www.polysciences.com/Catalog/Department/81/categoryId__49/

Distributed out of :
Polysciences, Inc.
400 Valley Road
Warrington, PA 18976

(800) 523-2575 or (215) 343-6484

(800) 343-3291 or (215) 343-0214 fax

or

Polysciences Europe GmbH
Handelsstrasse 3
D-69214 Eppelheim, Germany

+(49) 6221-765767

+(49) 6221-764620 fax

Last edited by a moderator:
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom