German PhotoKlassik magazine to be published in English

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by K-G, Apr 16, 2017.

1. iandvaag

iandvaag Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I made my pledge. Good luck! If I calculate correctly, we need 3250 more apuggers to sign on at the 1 year subscription level.

2. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Member

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    The word is out on Facebook too, so that might help also a bit :wink:

3. Schwedenstahl

Schwedenstahl Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi guys, thank you for your support!!! This is great and we need really every possible support!!!

We are all a bit surprised that it goes so slow especially after the Kodachrome Magazine was sold out that fast for such a high price. Kodak is a great company but we don#t think that this can be seen as an independant source and I don't think you'll find anything about the fujichrome or ADOX, Iflord, tetenal... whatever news.

Maybe we did not publish it in the right way so far and we have to rethink our approach to the internet community!

That does not mean we gave up! Our editorial meetings for the new magazine are planned and we are working on it! We are on schedule and on top we are doing our research for more international editors to increase our network for Issue 2 and 3! An announcment will follow next days.

During this project I got in touch with so many enthusiats and photographers world wide. Really wounderful crative people. Just yesterday a guy from South Africa who supplies the people there with Film. I sent him an extract of our German magazine and I was so happy that he liked it! Therefore I still belive that this is the right thing we are doing! Photography is also about print!

We started to add aome more contributions. We try to offer bulk subscriptions with very good discount rate so bigger Camera dealers in differnet countries could buy them and sell them locally via their webshop. The bulks are scaled in 25, 50, 100, 150 and 300 subscriptions. The saving on top on the kickstarter price is up to 50%.

Maybe you can inform your local photo club or your camera dealers like KEH or B&H etc. .

We've sent our press release to all big websites about photography but they did not take any action to display it! Maybe if some of you out of the community here contacts them too they might see there is some development going on!

- dpreview.com
    - petapixel.com
    - thephoblographer.com
    - imaging-resource.com
    - lensvid.com

We really try hard to get our printing press get running! Our publisher is also an enthusiast and his heart beats for film too!

I don't know why but a lot of people do have fears about kickstarter that their money is gone if it does not reach the goal! This is not the case! And I just want to point out that the publisher of PhotoKlassik is really since a long time well known in Germany with alot of publications. So after a succesful goal you can be sure your subscription will be carried out!

At the end of the day the reader has to decide! And we really hope that they choose "Print" instead of sth. on an LCD screen.

But anyway as I said you have to work hard for the things you belive in. And when we started in 2012 a lot of people were laughing (literally) about us how backwards we are. If I now look at it and the wounderful feedback we got from our readers over the years it was and it is worth it!!!

We are positive, and we knew from the beginning that it will be hard....but most good things in life are hard to achieve! So enough talking!!!!

But really your help is more than apreciated!!!!

Just here the presse release!

Press Release

PhotoKlassik, the only magazine in print that focuses exclusively on film photography, has been successful on the German-speaking market for 5 years.

As a result of this success in its home market and the worldwide resurgence of film photography, the German publisher Infomax21 has decided to launch PhotoKlassik International in English, via the crowd funding platform Kickstarter.

Dead Link Removed

Infomax21's core business is the development and publication of photographic magazines, including "PhotoPresse," the German publication with a very long tradition, in print since 1945. In addition, Infomax21 publishes "PhotoKina Daily," the official newspaper about the world's largest trade fair for the photographic and imaging industries.

The new Magazine won't be a translation of the German issue, but instead an independent and truly global publication with contributors from all around the world!
    Written by photographers for photographers, there wiIl be easy-to-use tips for beginners, and also in-depth insights for professionals looking to get back to film. Focusing on artistry, there will also be sections on photographic and processing techniques, and of course gear, from the best vintage buys to the newest releases.

The initial offer through Kickstarter will start on June 7, 2017. Backers will get the chance to pre-order a yearly subscription of quarterly issues for 49$. That's a real savings over both the news-stand price and the price that will be offered later on the PhotoKlassik website. And it will be delivered to their home address, anywhere in the world.

https://www.photoklassik.de/photoklassik-international/

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  4. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Before the decision to publish an English version, even the existence of the German version was widely unknown here at Apug. (I remember hinting at it in a magazine related thread.)

Long time after another member has reported the announcement of the English version members of the editorial staff chimed in to talk about the new edition.

That only today you ask for contributors here and seemingly did not approach possible candidates before is telling too.

5. Schwedenstahl

Schwedenstahl Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  6. Schwedenstahl

Schwedenstahl Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    For Southafrican film photographers....

"THE FILM GUY" .....added PhotoKlassik International on his webs hop.

Dead Link Removed

7. tumba

tumba Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    I was excited to see this but when I investigated, it seems the Kickstarter campaign [1] failed, having received only €7,208 in pledges versus their €150,000 goal. They still list the idea on their regular website [2]. I really suspect this was the result of failing to achieve enough exposure and hope they will try again. Perhaps get the lomography people involved in order to assist in getting critical mass?

[1] Dead Link Removed
    [2] https://www.photoklassik.de/photoklassik-international/

8. Schwedenstahl

Schwedenstahl Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello everybody, Happy new year 2018!!

since the last Kickstarter a lot of things happened.

And yes we are continuing!

The Kickstarter was an idea to speed things up; unfortunately, we did not reach enough people in the short time allotted because we didn't really communicate it well enough at the time. But now we have changed the entire strategy.

By the end of the first quarter 2018 we will publish a short English reading extract that can be downloaded as a PDF. Anyone who hasn't seen the German magazine in the last five years can get an idea of what the International Edition will be like. A 2nd extract is planned for mid 2018. We will launch the first printed English-language issue of "PhotoKlassik International" at the PhotoKina trade fair in 2018. will be a special edition with 130 pages.

Stay tuned, we will update you soon with more information!

Best regards

Marwan

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  9. RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'm only aware of the German version but that is a great magazine with excellent print quality.

10. Schwedenstahl

Schwedenstahl Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The International version will be printed on the same high quality paper. The content will be different and focused on the international reader with contributers from all over the world.

Regards

Marwan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.