fyi- APUG system updates (and APUG news), 1-2hr outage (Sat. 3rd EDT 1am)

Discussion in 'System Announcements' started by Sean, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member Admin
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Hi All,

Quite a few system patches going in this weekend. I'll be upgrading us to the following:

Forum (xenforo) core system 3 point releases from version 1.5.7 to 1.5.10
    Gallery system 3 point releases from version 1.1.6 to 1.1.9
    Social groups updates (including new ability for group members to delete their own group photos)
    Advertising system from 1.23.1 to 1.25.0

All up 100's of bug fixes to the core systems.

Other long term items in progress for APUG:

-Very close to implementing dedicated (free) APUG app for mobile
    -New Portfolios system in development (excited about this, will be a step up from our last system)
    -New Homepage to focus more on daily Photography news (this will be a system that allows us to quickly post nice looking news blocks to the homepage, giving us a page of relevant daily photo news. News blocks will count views and offer a direct link to discuss the articles in the forums.)
    -Feature requests -I'm going through all feedback and feature requests and will build a new public todo list for this.

Although APUG appears to have slowed it's development, much is going on behind the scenes on the development server. Looking forward to finishing off the year strong so stay tuned :smile:

Thanks,
    Sean

2. OP
    OP
    Sean

Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    bump reminder.. just a few hrs away.

3. OP
    OP
    Sean

Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Ok, core system and core gallery updated. I'll finish off the rest tomorrow as I've run out of time. Please post any bugs here. As far as I can tell everything is working well.

Thanks!
    Sean

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.