fyi -APUG now running new dedicated search application.

Discussion in 'System Announcements' started by Sean, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member Admin

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Hi All,

Our performance issues of late (as far as I could trace) were related to our vBulletin search & search indexing not coping with our large volume of posts. I now have us running on a dedicated search & indexing application. This system is highly efficient, used by most if not all vBulletin "big board" owners. It removes vBulletin software from struggling to manage our data search & indexing. It was quite the nightmare to implement but we'll be far better for it. If you encounter search errors or issues please post here.

Thanks!
    Sean

2. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for all your efforts Sean.

Any chance the new application allows for further customization of the "Search for New Posts" function.:whistling:

In particular, something that would allow me to mark multiple threads or entire forums as ones to be ignored by that function only.

EDIT: By the way, the APUG advanced search function itself seems to be working well!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
  3. andrew.roos

andrew.roos Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Clicking on "My Threads" on the menu bar gives the following error:

index thread1,thread2,thread3,thread4,threaddelta: no such filter attribute 'groupparentid'

Thanks for all your hard work,
    Andrew

4. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Thanks Andrew, a workaround for this should be up soon. I'm just verifying with the developer I have the right code.

5. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Search has been replaced, and might be more accurate, faster etc but what you need is more custom. Once the dust settles from the recent issues and updates I'll re-investigate.