Fujicolor Reala 120 in danger?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by skyrick, Feb 14, 2009.

1. skyrick

skyrick Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've been buying this from B&H but their on-line catalog no longer lists it. I was able to find it at Adorama, but I'm wondering if there are finite supplies of this film left. If Reala is history, does anyone have recommendations for a replacement? Kodak Portra VC doesn't impress me. IMO Reala has the best print color out there.

Thanks in advance,
    Rick

2. PHOTOTONE

PHOTOTONE Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Films are not made constantly, but rather in batches so the same machines can make many different films. Don't be alarmed if a vendor is out. As the film manufacturers downsize and eliminate excess manufacturing capacity, I would expect more of this temporary unavailability of product, but that does not mean it is discontinued. Reala is a popular film. I really doubt if it is discontinued.

Web catalog pages (if run correctly) are dynamic, thus if a vendor is out the product should be removed. Since Fuji products are imported it may not be clear when new stock will arrive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.