Fuji Hunt Chrome 6X E-6 Processing Kit - 5 Liters (confused)

Mid Day Matinée

A
Mid Day Matinée

Cumberland Falls-7

A
Cumberland Falls-7

Winter

A
Winter

Pig Iron elevations.jpg

A
Pig Iron elevations.jpg

Cumberland Falls-6

A
Cumberland Falls-6

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrhii
Recent bookmarks

nbagno

Subscriber
Shooter
4x5 Format
I guess it doesn't help when the kit comes with the wrong instructions :-| My kit came with the C41 x-press instructions. I downloaded the E6 instructions from Freestyle and have some questions.

The mixing instructions has separate mixing for Replenisher, Tank and Tank from Repl. Since the tank and tank from repl mixing instructions call for developer starter, and the kit does not come with developer starter I should then use the mixing instruction for Replenisher which makes sense based on the chemicals in the box. I also don't know what they mean by replenisher and tank? The kit comes with 2.5L of bleach but the instructions for replenisher say to make 1 L of bleach, use 1000ml of concentrate. How then can I get 5 L total?

Last edited:

mshchem

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
I guess it doesn't help when the kit comes with the wrong instructions :-| My kit came with the C41 x-press instructions. I downloaded the E6 instructions from Freestyle and have some questions.

The mixing instructions has separate mixing for Replenisher, Tank and Tank from Repl. Since the tank and tank from repl mixing instructions call for developer starter, and the kit does not come with developer starter I should then use the mixing instruction for Replenisher which makes sense based on the chemicals in the box. I also don't know what they mean by replenisher and tank? The kit comes with 2.5L of bleach but the instructions for replenisher say to make 1 L of bleach, use 1000ml of concentrate. How then can I get 5 L total?
Yes, the instructions on Freestyle website is for the use of this stuff in a replenished system. I got a different set of instructions with the 5 L kit I got from Freestyle about a year back.
Fuji didn't put much effort in it. Gives you the same "determine your own 1st developer time" If you look on Jobo website they say 6 min 30 sec, except Fuji film 7 min 30 sec which is bullshit. I auto bracketed thank God because the Fuji Provia-F I developed half at 7'30" and half at 7 min. Both were slightly over developed. Stick with 6'30". I'm not close to my instructions right now, but I remember being disappointed.
I don't like the 3 bath Tetenal kits. Maybe Kodak will do something but I doubt it.
If you were developing a lot of chrome you could replenish that's the only way to get the most out of this. Unique sells the individual chemicals but it's not cheap.I don't mind lack of economy as much as I wish they would give you exact procedure for Jobo, small tank, large tank etc.
Call Freestyle the only way that they will get the correct instructions is by breaking into a carton and Xeroxing it.
I don't know if getting ahold of Fuji Hunt in the US would help. They are still alive and well, the kits come from the EU ,NL I think

mshchem

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
I just double checked Freestyle still has the Pro 6 for labs instructions on the PDF download for the kit. The instructions shown in the photo of the bottles is the instructions YOU WANT. Not sure if Fuji has a download online maybe another retailer in the EU??

mshchem

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
I see that these instructions are very good. They have 6 min 1st Developer time listed, no wonder I was having trouble. I think these are new and improved. Don't pay any attention to Jobo website it's out dated

OP
OP
nbagno

nbagno

Subscriber
Shooter
4x5 Format
Nice, thanks for the link. The box says "New mixing instructions" on the side in a big red sticker is is kind of ironic.

mshchem

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Nice, thanks for the link. The box says "New mixing instructions" on the side in a big red sticker is is kind of ironic.
There's still some ambiguity about 1st developer times using rotary tube processing. I'm using 6 min next go around to start.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom