FS: Rolleiflex TLR Cameras (2) and Rolleikin 2 Kit - $425, shipped in CONUS

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by indy_kid, Jun 13, 2018.

1. indy_kid

indy_kid Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Rolleiflex Automat 6x6 - Model RF 111A

August 1937 - March 1939
    Serials: 568.516 - 805.0000
    Specimen S/N: 709703

Taking Lens:
    Zeiss Tessar 3,5/75
    Bayonet I
    Finder lens:
    Heidoscop Anastigmat 2,8/75mm
    Push on 28.5mm
    Shutter:
    Compur - Rapid, 1 - 1/500 sec., T & B.
    Film: 6x6: B II 8 (120) & 35mm with Rolleikin I adapter set. Film Transportation: winding lever with auto stop, no red window, film pressure plate without color coating. Lever also cocks the shutter. Double exposure prevention.
    Dimensions: 14.3x8.6x9.0cm
    Weight: 850 grams.
    This model has a hinged back with exposure guide. The camera could be used with Rolleikin I to use 35mm film & with the special glass plate film adapter. Later models have a shutter release safety lock. The following parts of his model can be modernized to 1955 standard: waist level finder, larger focusing knob, double exposure safety lock, viewing lens bayonet, X-sync contact.

Rolleiflex 6x6 Automat Model K4B

April 1954 - September 1956
    Serials: 1.428.001 - 1.739.999
    Specimen S/N: 1702703

Taking Lens:
    Zeiss Jena Tessar 3,5/75
    Zeiss Oberkochen Opton 3,5/75
    Schneider Xenar 3,5/75
    All with filter Bayonet I
    Finder lens:
    Heidoscop Anastigmat 2,8/75mm
    Bayonet I
    Shutter:
    Compur - Rapid, 1 - 1/500 sec., T & B, self timer. M X sync.
    Film: 6x6: B II 8 (120) & 35mm with Rolleikin 2 adapter set.
    Film Transportation: winding lever with auto stop, no red window, film pressure plate with black color coating. Lever also cocks the shutter. Double exposure prevention. Dimensions: 14.3x9.0x9.5cm
    Weight: 980 grams.
    This model has a hinged dual format back with exposure guide. The special feature is a new EV related exposure scale. From serial 1.464.000 the EV coupling can be disengaged by pressing a button in the aperture wheel. From serial 1.700.000 the EV coupling can be disengaged with a switch in the aperture wheel.

Issues

Given the age of the cameras, it was necessary to remove the front leatherette and the frontside from each to get at the shutters. I also removed the Taking lens in each (using the proper spanner). With the shutters exposed, I was able to clean the leaves and remove any obvious gummed grease and dirt. All glass is clean and clear in both cameras.

Both fire normally now, but there may be some lag as the slower speeds. Apertures operate normally. The aperture on the K4B has EV coupling, as described in the Features box above. Coupling and uncoupling of the aperture works as intended.

The K4B has issues with its hood. It's taken a hit on the right-front corner, and this has cracked a mirror inside. On this model, there's no magnifying feature; instead, you operate a small lever on the right side to uncover a secondary mirror. You hold the camera to your face, looking through the back of the hood, at this mirror, which shows you the image on the ground glass. The hood doesn't fully close, and there's obvious wear on several parts due to warping of the hood.

The RF111A winds smoothly, but the K4B feels a little stiff. That may be due to the EV coupling feature; I can't really tell without having another specimen to compare it with. However, film transport is still functional on both.

Rolleikin 2 Kit

The Rollekin 2 kit can be used in the K4B to shoot 35mm film. The set is complete, and appears unused. Be very careful when handling the replacement focusing knob, as there are 3 small screws that might fall out (I've put tape over the holes to prevent this).

I would recommend shooting a test roll with each camera to decide if repairs are needed. If so, send them to Harry Fleenor at rolleirepairs.com. I'm not sure if he works on the RF111A, but he could give you an idea if repairs are needed. He will get back to you within a few days of receiving the camera(s), but turn-around time is up to 5 months. A complete CLA is $400, and parts are extra, but you can probably recoup much of that if you sell the camera, as smart buyers know that a Rollei repaired by Harry will be good to go for a long, long time.

Replacement leatherette can be purchased at cameraleather.com. It's about $17 for a complete "economy" set of synthetic VB Black (they have exotic finishes as well). I've used them many times, and was able to replace the sides and back on the K4B. I don't know if they'll cut just the front for you, but you can contact them to find out. If not, you have spares if the leatherette ever gets damaged! Their website isn't the best, but you can e-mail them with details of the cameras and what you need.

Rollei Group 1.jpg Rolleiflex Automat RF111 - Front.jpg Rolleiflex Automat RF111 - Lenses.jpg Rolleiflex Automat RF111 - Serial Number.jpg Rolleiflex RF111 - Flash Jack.jpg Rolleiflex RF111 - Hood Damage.jpg Rollei K4B 1.jpg Rollei K4B 2.jpg Rollei K4B 3.jpg Rollei K4B 4.jpg Rollei K4B 5.jpg Rollei K4B 6.jpg

2. AaronRatza

AaronRatza Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Prices?

3. OP
    OP
    indy_kid

indy_kid Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Selling as one lot. $425, shipped in the US. For outside the US, it's $425 + S/H.