FS: Rolleiflex 2.8E1 Xenotar Kit

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by HerSmokeySun, Dec 10, 2017.

1. HerSmokeySun

HerSmokeySun Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello everyone- today I am interested in moving out my 2.8 Rollei kit that I’ve amassed over this summer. As a college student with bills both inside and outside of school, at this point in time I need to downsize my photography collection to recover financial equilibrium. The prices listed below are based on several factors, including what similar pieces are going for on eBay/APUG forums/etc. and what I’ve paid for them, and include cost of standard shipping/insurance in the lower 48 states. That said, I will gladly hear any reasonable offers and would be happy to sell pieces together and combine shipping for a better price.

Regarding payment, I’ve had consistent good-luck with money orders, however I am fine with Paypal as long as the buyer absorbs fees (if any). I am also not opposed to shipping to Alaska/Hawaii, or foreign countries, but prices will be adjusted as need be to cover any change in shipping cost. Additionally, if you have special preferences for shipping (shipped in hard case, overnight air, etc.) the prices will be adjusted to reflect that.

I will also consider trades for Hasselblad 500 related equipment (filters, backs, lenses, etc.) or certain darkroom supplies

If anyone has any questions please let me know, and I will do my best to answer them. Below is a list of everything I am selling, with detailed descriptions below that. Thank you for looking, and have a wonderful day!

1. SOLD - Rolleiflex 2.8E(1) Xenotar w/ Mirrored Lens Cap – This Rollei is in great shape cosmetically and functions perfectly. I sent the Rollei to receive a CLA by Kurt’s Camera Repair in San Diego, CA this past summer. The technicians there performed the CLA and calibrated the light meter (which readings parallel my Sekonic 308-S and Gossen Luna Pro SBC). This CLA includes a year-long warranty guaranteeing functionality. A receipt detailing the repairs will be included with the camera. The focusing screen is nice and bright and the finder snaps images into focus very well. The only issue is the taking lens has some signs of separation/schneideritis (repairable), though this hasn’t affected photo quality whatsoever (See images). Metal lens cap included. Will consider reasonable offers. Awesome user! $500 shipped, SOLD

2. SOLD - Custom-made Strap w/ Original Rollei Hardware – This is a great quality, custom strap that I had made using original Rollei Alligator Clip hardware by a local leatherworker. . I will include the original rotted strap that I pulled the hardware from as well. Similar “artisan” straps go for $75 and higher. $30 shipped, SOLD

3. SOLD - Panorama Mount (First Style) – Earlier style version allowing for 10 “click” rotations for up-to 360° panoramas in one direction and includes a level that is not covered by the camera when attached. Perfect shape! Also included is a ¼ to 3/8 adapter to fit most tripod mounts. $60 shipped, SOLD

4. SOLD - Rolleigrip w/ Rolleifix – Standard run-of the mill Rolleigrip that functions as intended. $45 shipped, SOLD

5. Metal Lens Hood (Bay III, w/ original leather case) – Standard metal lens hood. Great shape aside from a small, indiscernible scuff on the top. Flexible on price. $75 shipped, OBO

6. SOLD - Rolleinar 1 (Bay III, w/ leather case) – Close-focusing system for the Rolleiflex. Excellent condition, with no scratches/fungus/haze that affects image quality. Leather case is also in great shape. $135 shipped, SOLD

7. Rolleiflex “hellrot” Red Filter (Bay III, w/ leather case and box) – Red filter for the Rolleiflex. The filter itself is in great condition with no hazing or scratches that would affect image quality. The leather case/box are in great shape. $60 shipped, OBO

8. 3-Stop B+W 43mm Neutral Density Filter w/Fotodiox Bay III to 53mm adapter (w/plastic case) – Picked this up for some long-exposure work and for flexibility with shooting faster films during harsh light. This can be used with a hood and does not cause any vignetting. $60 shipped, OBO

9. LowePro Nova 3 Camera Bag (Blue) – The inside has the previous owner's name marked on a tag, but nonetheless has served me well and carried everything effectively. I had enough room for my entire Rollei kit plus film and a Polaroid camera. $30 shipped, OBO

10. SOLD - Misc. Rolleiflex Manuals – Included is an original Rolleiflex 2.8D manual and several other pieces of literature. These came with the camera itself when I originally purchased it. $10 shipped, SOLD

(hi-res and additional photos provided here: https://imgur.com/a/2zQms )

1A-Rollei(web).png 1F-Rollei(web).png 1J-Rollei(web).png 2C-Strap(web).png 6B-PanoramaHead(web).png 8B-Rolleigrip(web).png 3C-LensHood(web).png 4D-Rolleinar1(web).png 5E-RedFilter(web).png 7B-NeutralDensityFilter(web).png 10A-CameraBag(web).png 9A-Manuals(web).png SC00026001-1(matted).png SC00027004-1(matted).png

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  2. OP
    OP
    HerSmokeySun

HerSmokeySun Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Holiday bump and price reductions (see above). If anyone has any questions or would like to make an offer, please feel free.

Wishing everyone a happy and productive new year!

3. OP
    OP
    HerSmokeySun

HerSmokeySun Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Last bump and price reduction before I move what's leftover to eBay sometime next week. If anyone has questions or is interested in making an offer, shoot me a PM.

Hope everyone is having an excellent March!