FS: Nikonos V with 35mm lens & manual

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Michael W, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Michael W

Michael W Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here is a nice looking Nikonos V underwater camera in great working condition. It comes with the 35mm f/2.5 lens that is optimised to work on land as well as underwater. There is also a manual for the camera and a brochure about the lens. I've owned this for about ten years and it's only had light use. Recently film tested and everything working well. I haven't had it in the water for about 9 years, but the couple of times I did that it worked fine, everything was watertight.
    The camera is located in Sydney, happy to meet up with anyone local if we can arrange a suitable place and time. Happy to post so let me know your location if you are interested and I will find out the postage cost.
    Price: $250 AUD

nikonos front.jpg nikonos top.jpg nikonos back.jpg nikonos film gate.jpg nikonos shutter.jpg nikonos lens.jpg

2. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    For those unfamiliar with the Nikonos: when you change aperture, the little red indicators move to show the depth of field on the distance scale.

Here at f/2.5 they're minimized; at f/22 they extend across the scale.

These are solid cameras that feel and sound good. They are manual or aperture priority with chosen and suggested shutter speed readouts in the finder.

Good luck with the sale!

3. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Also: I forgot to mention the TTL metering. In a dimly lit room the meter will hold the shutter open for multiple seconds.

You can tell I like these cameras...

4. OP
    OP
    Michael W

Michael W Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, they are great cameras and well built. With the 35mm lens it is very useful for on land photography. But I'm going to start selling gear that I haven't used for years and can't see myself using in the near future.

5. JeroenBouman

JeroenBouman Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Med Format Digital
    How much would shipping to The Netherlands cost approximately, Michael?

6. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The 35mm lens on these cameras are one of the sharpest lenses I have ever used. Bar none.

7. Alan Edward Klein

Alan Edward Klein Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    +1

8. OP
    OP
    Michael W

Michael W Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi, probably around $50 to $55 by tracked airmail. It would depend on the exact box weight which I would expect to be just over 1kg as the camera itself weighs close to 900g.

9. JeroenBouman

JeroenBouman Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Med Format Digital
    Thanks Michael, with import duties it's getting a bit too pricy for my taste. Good luck with the sale!

10. OP
    OP
    Michael W

Michael W Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think the ideal these days is to buy and sell cameras locally. International postage has become so expensive from all countries it seems. Australia Post rates have pretty much doubled over the past ten years as has US Post. At the moment I'm trying to avoid having to put this on ebay, but that's where it might end up.

11. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hmm... Spring going into Summer soon, tourism picking up. Coral reefs. I'd suspect that would be an ideal camera for underwater photography there. In fact, the Nikonos should sell better in your part of the world than anywhere else.

12. OP
    OP
    Michael W

Michael W Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sold on ebay.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.