Latest member
Sh8n8h8n
Recent bookmarks
Trader history for L Gebhardt (0)

L Gebhardt

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
I just got another copy of this lens with a camera I bought. I can only use so many 50mm lenses at one time, so this one is now for sale. Despite being a budget lens the 50mm series E is very sharp. But I think it's best feature is how small and light it is. This is the second generation of the lens. I think it's optically the same as the first generation, but it's built a bit better (I'm keeping the first version since it's a tiny bit smaller). I tested them both on a high res digital and can see no difference in the images.

The condition is very good. I always thought the focus was a bit stiff compared to the regular Nikkors, but the new lens is actually a little stiffer. I now assume this is just how they made them. Either way it focuses nicely. Glass is clean. Will come with a filter for a front cap and no rear cap (sorry, no extras).

$35 plus shipping. Paypal (prefer personal), checks or money orders are fine.

Attachments

• _DSC8357.jpg
    _DSC8357.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 75
  • _DSC8358.jpg
    _DSC8358.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 83
  • _DSC8359.jpg
    _DSC8359.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 69

Klainmeister

Shooter
Medium Format
I'll defend this little guy. Compared to our Ais 50mm 1.4, I can confidently say that optically it performs great, the only 'loss' is that it's a bit plasticy, which is nice if you like lighweight systems. Great price, someone nab this!

j-dogg

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Series E owner here

It's a real sleeper lens, one of those get-more-than-you-pay-for lenses. I own the 50 1.4 pre-AI and the Nikkor 50 1.8, as well as a Canon 50 1.8 AF, Industar 50 2.8 on a FED-2....of all the 50's I shot this was my absolute favorite

35 is a damn steal if you dont need the bayonet mount, I would have ditched my 1.4 and Nikkor 1.8 if I didn't need the bayonet for a Nikkormat

Someone give this little guy a new home :smile:

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom