Members
Latest member
flanders
Recent bookmarks
Trader history for andrew plume (0)

andrew plume

Shooter
Multi Format
Here's a fairly early Andrew Ross Petzval, approx 24/25" (but possibly larger) f5, s/n 5896, which was sold by Sands Hunter, London including the lens hood, original flange and a full set of w/stops

Photos will be added to this listing later today. Some more details:-

1) the glass (for the age) is very good, a small scratch on the front element and a very minimal amount of clear separation on that element;

2) I haven't been able to remove the rear lens section because my hands aren't wide enough. I had a similar issue with another Ross Petzval recently and WD40 easily dealt with that. There's a small amount of what I am certain is dirt and dust between the two cells and which I'm confident will be removed when these are separated;

3) the brass has significant character, noticeably on the dull side and hasn't been restored;

4) there's a small ding in the flange, which can be 'knocked out';

5) including the lens hood, the total length is 11";

6) the width of the glass is approx 124mm, multiplied by 5, results in the focal length of 24/25", which is 'a back focus calculation';

7) in view of the weight, I haven't been able to fully mount it for coverage purposes but I did briefly put it in front of an 8 x 20 Korona a few months ago and I could see no signs of any vignetting; and

8) the photos do not show the stops, which I've currently mislaid but are definitely included in this sale

$6,995 plus shipping, and I'll swallow the paypal fees. This price is definitely negotiable, pm me please if interested

regards

andrew

OP
OP

andrew plume

Shooter
Multi Format
RossPetzval-1.jpg RossPetzval-2.jpg RossPetzval-3.jpg RossPetzval-4.jpg RossPetzval-5.jpg RossPetzval-6.jpg RossPetzval-7.jpg RossPetzval-8.jpg RossPetzval-9.jpg

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom