ocieb
Recent bookmarks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Rose

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
We long timers remember good old Frank Petronio. He was a wealth of knowledge but also could be difficult. Especially when it came to politics. I think he has been banned from just about every forum he participated in. It's sad really but people choose the lives they live. Years back we would have great discussions over the phone about cameras, photography and shooting. He suggested that his inflammatory behaviour was more a put on but it seems that might not be the case. Here is the article about the charges leveled at him. https://bit.ly/3RSQVYh

pentaxuser

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
What did he call himself on APUG/Photrio? I have been here since 2005 but can't recall the name Frank Petronio or any major rows with that person as the centre of them .

Thanks

pentaxuser

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Well, if he committed this act, then I have zero respect for him now. Zero.

I agree. If he had not been born a WASP, he would have had to hate himself.

Vaughn

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
Using a camera certainly does not make any kind of statement about one's character...and we have our share of characters on the forums.

PS...do a name search here and you'll get all the Frank you want.

Last edited:

Rick A

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
Shocks me, I was expecting something along the lines of sexual charges when I read the post. I had a few dealings with Frank several years back and he always struck me as straight forward kinda mug. He used to post some provocative photos back in the day.

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
What did he call himself on APUG/Photrio? I have been here since 2005 but can't recall the name Frank Petronio or any major rows with that person as the centre of them .

Thanks

pentaxuser

IIRC, he was here between 2008 and 2012.

Cholentpot

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
The stickers he posted. Am I white or not? I'm confused. I thought I'm considered white although I don't identify as so, but like this guy seems to think I'm not.

Weirdo.

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
The stickers he posted. Am I white or not? I'm confused. I thought I'm considered white although I don't identify as so, but like this guy seems to think I'm not.

Weirdo.

No one could be white enough in his opinion, not even himself.

OP
OP
Eric Rose

Eric Rose

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Frank always seemed to gravitate to the fringes. Maybe he found it exciting. Whatever it was he devolved into a terrible human being imho.

To much time and money and no life's purpose.

I tried to challenge some of his fringe views but I could see he was far to gone to make a dent. He finally blocked me.

I wonder how his lovely and intelligent adopted Chinese daughter feels about his ranting. Our his doctor wife? I wonder if it's negatively affected her practice. I feel for the both of them.

jnk

Shooter
Hybrid
Frank always seemed to gravitate to the fringes. Maybe he found it exciting. Whatever it was he devolved into a terrible human being imho.

To much time and money and no life's purpose.

I tried to challenge some of his fringe views but I could see he was far to gone to make a dent. He finally blocked me.

I wonder how his lovely and intelligent adopted Chinese daughter feels about his ranting. Our his doctor wife? I wonder if it's negatively affected her practice. I feel for the both of them.

I believe I read he left his wife to marry one of the young tattooed models he photographed, and last I saw him he was showing off all his guns on instagram. his nickname was frank petronio here and he was booted for posting digital images and being an instigator. when he was on large camera site his last nickname was sea dog or something.

OP
OP
Eric Rose

Eric Rose

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I believe I read he left his wife to marry one of the young tattooed models he photographed, and last I saw him he was showing off all his guns on instagram. his nickname was frank petronio here and he was booted for posting digital images and being an instigator. when he was on large camera site his last nickname was sea dog or something.

I see you just joined today. How do you know so much about Frank?

BrianShaw

Shooter
Multi Format
No one could be white enough in his opinion, not even himself.

I don’t recall Frank ever espousing white supremacy. Are you sure you know of what you write?

But, really… why are you making this personal? Is it because he, like MagentaMan, aren’t here to rebut? Unless, of course, @jnk is the ghost of Petronio Past. :smile:

Last edited:

Cholentpot

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
I don’t recall Frank ever espousing white supremacy. Are you sure you know of what you write?

But, really… why are you making this personal? Is it because he, like MagentaMan, aren’t here to rebut?

News article says otherwise.

Andrew O'Neill

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format

I don't recall him using sea dog on the LFP Forum... It was always Frank Petronio...unless he also used an alias.

pentaxuser

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm

But, really… why are you making this personal? Is it because he, like MagentaMan, aren’t here to rebut? Unless, of course, @jnk is the ghost of Petronio Past. :smile:

I am not surprised that MagentaMan isn't here or anywhere. The colour doesn't exist or so someone said so ipso fatso the man can't either?😁

pentaxuser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom