Threads
Members
Latest member
GreenLeafLawn
Recent bookmarks

haslguitar

Shooter
35mm
I have an opportunity to buy 6 jugs of Fotospeed Gold Tuner for $50. They are from a guy I know in town. I've pretty certain they have been sitting in his outside shed for the past few months at least. I'm not sure the lifespan of these things. I don't know whether temperature affects, in a major way, the ability of the toner. If anyone has any information, please let me know. Also, would anyone be interested in snagging a few bottles from me? I will not be able to use six liters of gold toner anytime soon. Thanks for any response.

eddie

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
If I had the opportunity for a deal like this, I'd jump on it. It goes for close to $150/liter now.
I used it, after sepia toning, and it gives nice pink and peach tones. I found it to be not particularly long lasting, so 6 liters may not be too much to stash away. As it neared the end of its responsiveness, I would heat it, to eke out the last bit of toning from it. I'm not sure if his storing method would cause premature aging, but I did use it at 100 degrees. Still, 6 liters would now cost you about $900. I'd give it a try, if I were you.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom