Threads
Members
Latest member
adam m
Recent bookmarks

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
I assume, you do not mean Agfa, but Adox. (Fotoimpex did not sell Agfa-branded paper for more than 20 years.)

Out of stock is the Adox MCC 1190/112. (Some MCC still available from Fotoimpex and Maco)

If you are looking for Adox MCP, you still can buy seemingly same paper from Agfa directly (Agfa Rapitone).

radiant

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
I think you should change the title to "Where to get Adox photo paper". I thought Fotoimpex is sold to some other company :D

baachitraka

Shooter
Multi Format
Title gave me a bit of shock :tongue:

etn

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
I think you should change the title to "Where to get Adox photo paper". I thought Fotoimpex is sold to some other company :D
Isn't Fotoimpex somehow linked to Adox? Belongs to Adox, have the same owner, or similar?

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
Isn't Fotoimpex somehow linked to Adox? Belongs to Adox, have the same owner, or similar?

Mirko Böddekker began in the early 90s with importing east-european films. By this the name Fotoimpex. Later the brand Adox was revived due to his relation with Efke and their origin on Adox machinery. From the name Adox used for rebranding films it went to the endeavour of own film manufacture under this brand.

Team ADOX

Partner
Shooter
Multi Format
We placed an order with Foto Impex for Agfa Foto Paper weeks ago but they seem to be out of stock and cannot deliver. Where do we buy now?

Hi Ralph,
the current problems in availability of ADOX MCP / MCC are caused by two factors:

1) The market exit of an essential supplier. This supplier unfortunately cannot be easily replaced in the short and mid term. We try very hard to fill the gap by building up own capacities, but that is another huge challenge and a long term project. Success cannot be guaranteed.

2) Enormous price and margin pressure: The extremely low margins for suppliers and manufacturers in BW photo paper production and the very strong pressure on prices by the customers. Both were the main reasons why our essential supplier had to stop production, and why it is so difficult for us to replace them.

ADOX - Innovation In Analog Photography.

twelvetone12

Shooter
35mm
1) The market exit of an essential supplier. This supplier unfortunately cannot be easily replaced in the short and mid term. We try very hard to fill the gap by building up own capacities, but that is another huge challenge and a long term project. Success cannot be guaranteed.
Wait, your saying that MCP / MCC is not going to be available anymore?? It is my favorite paper! no! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Edit: Quote madness

K-G

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Hi Ralph,
the current problems in availability of ADOX MCP / MCC are caused by two factors:

2) Enormous price and margin pressure: The extremely low margins for suppliers and manufacturers in BW photo paper production and the very strong pressure on prices by the customers. Both were the main reasons why our essential supplier had to stop production, and why it is so difficult for us to replace them.

I am very sad to hear this. The ADOX MCC 110 has been my favourite paper all since its reintroduction. I even participated in the first field studies in the fall of 2007 when it was still designated MCC 111 . I am planing to fill up my paper supply again right after new year. Will this be possible, or do I have to settle for Ilford or Berger. I do hope you can can find a solution because to me the MCC/MCP is the backbone of ADOX.

Best regards

Karl-Gustaf

etn

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Dear ADOX Team,
This is very sad news indeed, I wish you all the best to solve the supply chain issue! Please let us know if we can be of any help.
MCP 310 and MCC112 are my favorite papers - I experimented with several before settling on those.
I, for one, wouldn't mind a reasonable price increase if it keeps these products alive. As a matter of fact, my industry (semiconductor) also constantly faces extreme price and margin pressure, so I fully understand the situation you are in. Finding the right balance between revenue and margin is not an easy task!
Good luck, please keep us posted,
Etienne

K-G

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I , and I suppose many other , would appreciate if Team ADOX can continually update us on the development for the MCC production. Please do it either here in this thread or on your own site at Partners Forum. I think many of us are wondering if we have to adapt to another paper brand or if it is worthwhile to wait patiently. Please keep us informed !

Karl-Gustaf

Team ADOX

Partner
Shooter
Multi Format
@ Karl-Gustaf and Etienne:
Thanks for your support and commitment! Unfortunately only a minor part of the customers would accept higher prices to keep a product alive.

Unfortunate, as MCC is a great product. Hopefully this manufacturing problem doesn't impact on the Polywarmtone II?

No, that manufacturing problem does not affect Polywarmtone II.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom