Forgetting to rinse before Bleach (c-41)

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Kuby, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Kuby

Kuby Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hey y'all

I recently forgot to water rinse before bleaching while developing. Usually I go dev -> stop -> water -> bleach but this last time I went dev -> stop -> bleach

How negatively will the bleach be affected by something like this?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  2. WilmarcoImaging

WilmarcoImaging Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    To a degree, yes. The stop will carry over into the bleach. The rinse bath is meant to reduce carry over. Oficially, there are no rinse steps in Kodak process C-41 for commercial processing. The rinse is used mainly by home/self processors to extend chemical life.

3. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    What he said. Remember that there is no rinse steps in C-41 processing.

4. Rudeofus

Rudeofus Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    pH of stop bath and bleach is quite similar, therefore leaving out the rinse in between won't hurt the bleach. And yes, as Sirius Glass already stated, you don't need the stop bath either unless you use a BLIX.

5. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    The next time I do C-41 developing I will use PE's recommendation and use stop bath.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.