Florida checking in

Black Maple

A
Black Maple

  • 2
  • 1
  • 147
spillway

A
spillway

  • Tel
  • May 26, 2022
  • 0
  • 0
  • 96
Passing place

A
Passing place

  • 2
  • 3
  • 117
Red Brick School-1

A
Red Brick School-1

  • 1
  • 0
  • 108
Cocktails

A
Cocktails

  • 0
  • 3
  • 128

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
177,255
Messages
2,431,183
Members
94,155
Latest member
brianatkinsphoto
Recent bookmarks
0

ElrodCod

Member
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
139
Location
Florida
Shooter
Pinhole
Greetings All!
I'm sure glad that I found this forum! All the digital stuff on other forums was getting me down.
Once I was an avid amateur photographer. Bunch of Nikons, lenses, enlarger, etc. & eventually lost interest & sold all my stuff in the late 80's. Bought a small auto focus camera for casual snapshots & vacations and was as happy as a clam until I got the Pinhole bug. Now my living room looks like a workshop. There's stuff heaped up on the coffee table....there's several cameras in various stages of construction...a Dremel tool is involved too! My wife is having fits and I'm hoping an attorney doesn't get involved. Somewhere along the way a Nikon FM-10 snuck in. So here I am....reading up on film and developer, checking mfg. websites for info on enlargers & my wife is saying, "Here we go again!".

Cheers,

ElrodCod
 
OP
OP

ElrodCod

Member
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
139
Location
Florida
Shooter
Pinhole
doughowk said:
Welcome from north Florida. If you get into large format thru your camera building, there are two groups in Florida - one in Tampa area & ours in northeast section.

It's on the to do list! While checking out Pinhole sites I came across several large format camera building sites. Wait till the "Old Lady" hears about that! I've bookmarked your site & will check it out. Thanks for the link.
 

KenM

Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2003
Messages
800
Location
Calgary, Alb
Shooter
4x5 Format
Welcome aboard! This is a great place to be, lots of fun poeple, tons of information.

Say, I hear you have a pretty good hockey team down there in Florida. We've got a pretty good one here in Calgary too - perhaps you've heard of them? :D
 

juan

Subscriber
Joined
May 7, 2003
Messages
2,417
Location
St. Simons I
Shooter
Multi Format
KenM, I for one have heard of your hockey team - I am from Atlanta and cry every time I think of the Flames.

Do Jaques Richard, Phil Meyer, Dan Bouchard, Eric Vail, Willi Plett, Bill Clement, and Bob McMillan still play for them? Have they won any playoff games? They only won one playoff game during their time in Atlanta. I haven't been able to watch hockey since 1980.

The Flames were also part of the strangest trade in professional sports - The Flames got a defenseman and the New York Nets got Julius Erving in return.
http://paxety.com/News/StrangeTrade.html

juan
 

KenM

Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2003
Messages
800
Location
Calgary, Alb
Shooter
4x5 Format
juan said:
KenM, I for one have heard of your hockey team - I am from Atlanta and cry every time I think of the Flames.

Do Jaques Richard, Phil Meyer, Dan Bouchard, Eric Vail, Willi Plett, Bill Clement, and Bob McMillan still play for them? Have they won any playoff games? They only won one playoff game during their time in Atlanta. I haven't been able to watch hockey since 1980.

The Flames were also part of the strangest trade in professional sports - The Flames got a defenseman and the New York Nets got Julius Erving in return.
http://paxety.com/News/StrangeTrade.html

juan

Man, do I remember those names. Sadly, most (if not all) have all retired :smile: But, rest easy friend - you have the Trashers now, and they're a pretty exciting team.

And, I didn't know about the trade. Pretty funny.

Did you know at one time that one of the first owners of the Calgary Flames owned the rights to Wayne Gretzky, and sold the rights to him to Edmonton? Ouch.

Go Flames!
 

Ed Sukach

Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2002
Messages
4,517
Location
Ipswich, Mas
Shooter
Medium Format
KenM said:
Say, I hear you have a pretty good hockey team down there in Florida. We've got a pretty good one here in Calgary too - perhaps you've heard of them? :D

Nope. Calgary?? - A "good one"??

We *DO* have a good one here in Boston...
 

KenM

Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2003
Messages
800
Location
Calgary, Alb
Shooter
4x5 Format
Ed Sukach said:
Nope. Calgary?? - A "good one"??

We *DO* have a good one here in Boston...

Yeah - they're busy tearing up the Links right now while the Flames and Lightning are sweating away, *still* (had to borrow your '*'s) playing hockey :-D
 

Ed Sukach

Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2002
Messages
4,517
Location
Ipswich, Mas
Shooter
Medium Format
KenM said:
Yeah - they're busy tearing up the Links right now while the Flames and Lightning are sweating away, *still* (had to borrow your '*'s) playing hockey :-D
I kind of figured I might get a reaction from that message.

I hear they have a lot of cattle up there in Calgary. Is it true that they save money by substituting frozen "Pasture Patties" for hockey pucks? Considering their weight - compared to a standard hockey puck - it must be where they develop really *MEAN* slap shots.

I've been watching the Flames vs. Lightning - *GOOD*!! hockey.
 
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom