Threads
Members
Latest member
jgreen
Recent bookmarks

asegreti

Shooter
Multi Format
If one wanted to experiment with a Holga, what would be better one with a built in flash or one with no flash? It probably doesnt matter since its like a toy, but let me know what you think?

eric

Shooter
Multi Format
I only have the non flash version. I think better to get the non-flash cause you can always rig up a off-the-camera flash with cables and stuff. You can also diffuse a regular flash much better than the one with the built-in flash.

Watch out though, sometimes you get a "double-flash" with a shoe flash. You'll know what I mean when you try it out.

OP
OP

asegreti

Shooter
Multi Format
Thanks for the advice...I took a look at some of your Holga images in the gallery, and they are great. I have always loved those types of photographs. That is why I want to try it out...and it a + that they are really inexpensive. Thanks again,

Alex

modafoto

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
eric said:
Watch out though, sometimes you get a "double-flash" with a shoe flash. You'll know what I mean when you try it out.

I have that effect with my flash system and my Holga....damn annoying

captainwookie

Shooter
Multi Format
I have a Holga without the flash and I experience the double flash also. When I push the lever down it goes off, then it goes off again when I let the lever come up. It is annoying, but there are not any problems with this that I’m not aware of, are there?

Anyway, I’ve never had a Holga with a flash. It just seemed like a lot of additional stuff to tape up.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom