Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyJoanP2975
Recent bookmarks

wathrog

Shooter
Medium Format
I just finished developing my first 4 rolls of film shoot with my new Mamiya RZ 67 Pro II in 6x7. I'm really starting to like it :D

I used Rodinal as a developer and results are following:

1st and 2nd roll: Agfa APX 100 (wonderful film... a shame they don't produce it anymore) in Rodinal 1+50 20C 13 min. Very sharp negative, good contrast, very fine grain, the perfect combination!

3rd roll: Neopan 400 in Rodinal 1+50 20C 11 min. I was sceptic about this combination as I expected marked grain and low contrast, instead the result surprised me! No visible grain, high contrast, seems that both high exposed and low exposed zones in the film contains lot of detail. Really amazing!

4th roll: Ilford Pan F+ 50 in Rodinal 1+50 12 min. I thought that this slower film would perform better with Rodinal. What I got is probably due to my mistake, the film seems a bit underdeveloped (anybody tried this combination before? any advices?) and contrast is poor. On the other side grain is super-fine and lot of detail are in low exposed areas.

After all that, only one thing: I love film!!! :D

Thanks!

Regards,
Francesco

P.S.: I will post the pictures as soon as I put my hands on my father's v700 :tongue:

Shooter
Multi Format
That's a great first session, there, Francesco. And please do share your work. We would like to view it and share in your joy. Way to go, buddy.

pentaxgirl

Shooter
35mm
i'm glad you liked it! while i enjoy all parts of photography film developing is probably my least favorite... i like printing best. still, i can't trust anyone else but myself to develop my film it seems, even when i make mistakes!

that pan F 50 is fantastic film, i love it.

Shooter
Multi Format
Same here. It's not that I dislike processing film. It's just that the portion of the process is the most like, um, well, work. EWWWWWWWWW!

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom