Members
Latest member
retina_restoration
Recent bookmarks

bkarasek

Shooter
Medium Format
Hello,

I finally made the move into 70mm film to be used in a Hasselblad 70mm film back. I have the the cartridges, developing spiral and tank, and 150 feet of Kodak Double-X. Using old Verichrome film that was in several of the cartridges, I can load 16 feet of film on a spool and my developing spiral will take up to 18 feet, so that problem is taken care of.

The question is, what is the best way of loading the cartridges from the roll of stock film. Are there loaders available for 70mm film, any homemade ones that have been built. Looking at how to best go about this, so I'm open to all and any suggestions and ideas.

Thanks!

frobozz

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
Alden made a 70mm bulk loader that looks and works just like their 35mm loaders except, well, it's wider! I see those go by on ebay now and again.

Google says someone scored TWO of them for $8.00 at shopgoodwill.com back in August of 2013. If it's someone here, maybe they'll sell you their spare ;-)

Duncan

OP
OP

bkarasek

Shooter
Medium Format
I develop my own film so Verichrome is not a viable option for me. I only do B+W in my darkroom. The Verichrome did come in handy for practicing loading my 70mm film developing spiral in the dark.

Ciao, Bogdan

StoneNYC

Shooter
8x10 Format
Bogdan, that Verichrome you find inside can be still good film to use. Our own, Stone NY bought 70mm loader some time ago of Ebay.

Yes I did, I use it often, wish I had 2 of them!

I develop my own film so Verichrome is not a viable option for me. I only do B+W in my darkroom. The Verichrome did come in handy for practicing loading my 70mm film developing spiral in the dark.

Ciao, Bogdan

Ahhhh! The Verichrome Pan IS B&W film.....

It's also one of the most beautiful B&W films ever made... (In my limited experience) if you haven't destroyed all of it, I would love to trade you, that stuff is like gold! Please tell me you didn't expose all of it! :sad:

Anyway the Alden looks like this...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385653347.011524.jpg

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom